Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Ekmek
    Country
    This is Ekmek's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    11:56
    CAPO
    it came out pretty good. I'll get it went Wolf releases the next wolfshanze (since I already have a working model)

also apolyton requires that you have to zip or rar the file, then you can post it.

WOLF
    Ok, I'm taking the DL link down now. The way I see it, its your leaderhead now.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

AArmada
    Settler
    Country
    This is AArmada's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    19:56
    I think it would be so cool to have Super Spies in here too.

phungus420
    Country
    This is phungus420's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by AArmada
    I think it would be so cool to have Super Spies in here too.
    WolfRevolution has super spies.

AArmada
    Settler
    Country
    This is AArmada's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Im currently using Ninja's merged mod, ill look into yours though, thanks for the head up.

ladiesman
    Settler
    Country
    This is ladiesman's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    I was playing around with the worldbuilder just to see exactly what civs have what units for the hell of it. I noticed that there is some lack of variety in the modern-era.

There are alot of modern troops out there, I like alot of Zervers the best, but i'd like to see some of them pop up. I know you try to stay as historically accurate as possible but in the cases of some of the ancient empires you could use something that look close. (and i've just fallen in love with Zerver's modern Russian "Specna3" units)

One thing that bugged me is Austria.......honestly I think this is the Civ you have done the best job with. Their units are awesome. And then you hit the modern era, and they go back to vanilla units. That Marine kills me. In my game right now i'm at war with them and I can't help but think how awesome their Infantry looks......and now they're throwing Marines at me and i'm underwhelmed.

Also, I had thrown out ideas about changing the order of gunpowder units awhile ago. I wanted to see what you think about this now....i've always had an issue with the "Marine" unit. To me, it FEELS like "Modern Infantry", and seems like it should replace the Industrial age Infantry unit. Even if the name doesn't change or anything else, what about adding it into the upgrade tree? It just looks soooooo out of place to have the WW2-styled Infantry fighting alongside modern soldiers. In some cases it isn't as dramatic (the Russians for instance in your mod have similar looks), but sometimes it is QUITE a difference (the Austrain example again) I never got why it's not like that in the first place.

Of course I think your motorized infantry would fix this in a different way, but that's awhile off.

Xeno426
    Country
    This is Xeno426's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    14:56

Smile

Here's the update for your mod, Wolf. I included the latest Unofficial patch and the Better BtS AI 0.45. If you want me to add SuperSpies, I'll get on it. Otherwise enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfDLLUpdaterar/;12674891;/fileinfo.html

JimMac
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    20:56
    From a bystander:thanks Xeno!

I don't have to decide between the improvements from the latest Better AI and the much more immersive game that can be had with Wolf's mod. I can be content with Wolf's mod as my default game again.

equineforecaster
    Settler
    Country
    This is equineforecaster's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Xeno426
    Here's the update for your mod, Wolf. I included the latest Unofficial patch and the Better BtS AI 0.45. If you want me to add SuperSpies, I'll get on it. Otherwise enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfDLLUpdaterar/;12674891;/fileinfo.html
    If we wanted to install that ourselves, is it safe to do so?

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    13:56
    Thanks Xeno... changes incorporated into v2.86 (pending).
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

tomppb
    Settler
    Country
    This is tomppb's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Thanks to everybody bringing stuff to the mod. I have no knowledge in this area at. You guys have saved Civ IV for me. Thanks again!

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by equineforecaster
    If we wanted to install that ourselves, is it safe to do so?
    The gamecore.dll can be used immediately... I think Xeno used the Wolfshanze Mod xml/python files to update to the new version, but to be safe, I just updated my own using Xeno's changes.

Mind-you, the "old" Wolfshanze Mod gamecore already included Solver's patch and the Better AI patch... these are simply slightly newer versions.

P.S.
    I have narrowed Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna's three theme music era pieces down to four choices. I'm having a hard time choosing the final three... I like all-four, but need to ditch one of them... oh well...
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 16, 2008 at 23:06.

Ekmek
    Country
    This is Ekmek's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    11:56
    Originally posted by Wolfshanze

P.S.
    Changed the background back, since I'm already using the one Ekmek used for Phillip II, and it also kinda hid Santa's hair (and Santa Anna said his hair is so beautiful everyone should see it clearly).
    who are you using for phillip II? I added isabella's crown to colonization's bolivar and posted it at cfc. i think in the venezuala civ thread
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by E

who are you using for phillip II? I added isabella's crown to colonization's bolivar and posted it at cfc. i think in the venezuala civ thread
    Colonization's Bolivar as-is... I did see your "Bolivar with Isabella's crown", but I'm not sure I'm going to use it. Philip II wasn't much for pompous things like crowns... in-fact, I'm not sure I can find a single picture of him wearing a crown, so I just took Colonization's Bolivar as-is (though I did use your modified Santa Anna background for Bolivar/Philip... ie: Bolivar's background with a drapery or whatever).

In-short, just because he's a king doesn't mean he needs a crown, so I'm going with Bolivar as-is unless somebody does a better Philip II.

P.S.
    A background with a Spanish Galleon or something might be nice... he did send the Armada against Queen Elizabeth's England you know!
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 16, 2008 at 23:16.

Xeno426
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time

The gamecore.dll can be used immediately... I think Xeno used the Wolfshanze Mod xml/python files to update to the new version, but to be safe, I just updated my own using Xeno's changes.
    Where there was conflict between the update and your original (2.85) XML/Python files, I merged the two.

phungus420
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Mind-you, the "old" Wolfshanze Mod gamecore already included Solver's patch and the Better AI patch... these are simply slightly newer versions.
    The 0.45 Better AI is actually a pretty big leap. jdog did a lot of work it looks like on this one, I've only run through half a game so far in autoplay, and the AI is much, much better at warfare all around. There aparently was a bug affecting transports where they would get stuck trying to load, this getting fixed along with the fact the AI now rescues stranded units appears to be a huge improvement in AI invasions and colonizations. And I do mean huge based on what I am seeing.

The Capo
    Country
    This is The Capo's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time

Colonization's Bolivar as-is... I did see your "Bolivar with Isabella's crown", but I'm not sure I'm going to use it. Philip II wasn't much for pompous things like crowns... in-fact, I'm not sure I can find a single picture of him wearing a crown, so I just took Colonization's Bolivar as-is (though I did use your modified Santa Anna background for Bolivar/Philip... ie: Bolivar's background with a drapery or whatever).
    Yeah Philip was very religious, and I think this included a minute form of asceticism (sp?) where he rarely dressed in colorful or ornate clothing, didn't go on many trips outside of Spain, and as Wolfshanze said rarely wore a crown. So I think Bolivar from Col as-is would be the best representation of him. Having said that, I think the Bolivar from colinization was originally going to be Hernan(do) Cortez, he looks like him at least and the clothing matches his era rather than Bolivar's.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

gunboat63
    Settler
    Country
    This is gunboat63's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Wolf,

When you come out with the new version, will it work with WolfRevolution? I have installed WolfRev - so when your new version comes out can I just install it over what I already have?

Folks,

What would you recommend to play WolfRevolution or Wolfshanze? (I have just now returned to this game after years off.

Thanks.

ladiesman
    Settler
    Country
    This is ladiesman's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    You're gonna have to talk to the wolfrev folks about that. AFAIK wolf doesn't directly do anything for that.

I tend to stick to straight Wolf mod. I like that there aren't many changes to the gameplay itself, just graphics, units, civs and some tech tree tweaks.

phungus420
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Yeah, WolfRev is just a merge of Wolfshanze and RevDCM, wolf doesn't work on it directly (but since I use his mod as the base, I give him credit as an author). If you want the Wolfshanze units and you are interested in the game play elements of Revolutions and Barbarian civs, etc. that's what WolfRev is for, if you don't like Minor tribes and the like, then just stick with straight Wolfshanze.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Xeno... whatever changes were made in the CvCustomEventManager.py (in the root Python directory) it disabled the choice of choosing or renaming a city-name in-game. I checked every other file from XML, Python and the new/old Gamecore.DLL... the problem only occurs when following the changes you made in the CvCustomEventManager.py file... if I go-back to the v2.85 CvCustomEventManager.py file, I can once-again rename cities... so something in that file is dorking with the game.
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Xeno426
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Xeno... whatever changes were made in the CvCustomEventManager.py (in the root Python directory) it disabled the choice of choosing or renaming a city-name in-game.
    Problem fixed. Left some artifact lines in the SDK, my bad.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfBBAIUpdaterar/;12689130;/fileinfo.html

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Thanks... re-re-updated.

AllRoundGoodEgg
    Settler
    Country
    This is AllRoundGoodEgg's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Question: is there a pdf manual for this wonderful mod? I mean, somewhere that I can find out the stats for the various new units/civs/leaders/etc?

Thanks for the mod, to everyone who worked on it - awesome!
    -M-
    Martin
    All Round Good Egg

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by AllRoundGoodEgg
    Question: is there a pdf manual for this wonderful mod? I mean, somewhere that I can find out the stats for the various new units/civs/leaders/etc?

Thanks for the mod, to everyone who worked on it - awesome!
    Not exactly, but the Civilopedia is fully updated with unit stats, descriptions, etc, etc.

gunboat63
    Settler
    Country
    This is gunboat63's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time

Map

is it possible to play Wolfshanze with a map of earth?

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time

Re: Map

Originally posted by gunboat63
    is it possible to play Wolfshanze with a map of earth?
    Scenarios included for Earth.

Simply select:
    Single Player
    Play a Scenario

There are Four included Earth Maps specifically for the Wolfshanze Mod... One with Historical Starting locations and one with Random Settings, each coming with pre-set or random resources. You can play up-to 36 Civs at once on the included Earth Maps.

AllRoundGoodEgg
    Settler
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Okay, so I hit a snag in getting wolfshanze running. I unzipped the files where I was told to, openned Civ IV (I'm running 3.17 BtS), and told it to load the mod. It said that it did, but there is no difference... none. No new civs when I set up a new game (I looked for Austria for instance), no changes to the graphics that I could tell, and nothing different in the Civilopedia.

What am I missing? Can I attach any files that would help sort this out?
    -M-
    Martin
    All Round Good Egg

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Do you have anything in your custom assets folder? Are you running any other mods or custom files? Those might interfere.

Did you unzip into the "My Documents" folder or the "Program Files" folder? That might make a difference (Program Files is the intended target... for some reason CivIV installs in two identical folders).

When the mod properly loads you should see the splash screen with the dreadnoughts coming at you... also, look at the "Installation Instructions" in the 1st post... there is a "to run the mod all the time" tip... try that and see if it loads.

AllRoundGoodEgg
    Settler
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    No luck I'm afraid. It says it's loaded... but zilch.

I'm running SmartMap (which allows me to set up custom games and which I wouldn't know how to unload even if I wanted to since it isn't a 'mod' in the mod list) and I'm using a nocd exe for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe file because I'm on a laptop without an internal DVD drive. Otherwise it's a plain install.
    -M-
    Martin
    All Round Good Egg

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    October 21, 2014
    Local Time
    Did you try altering the "CivilizationIV.ini" to auto-load the mod for you? That usually works if nothing else does. How to do it is listed in the 1st post of this thread.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast