* Firaxis Official Patch 1.01f
* Player Achievements
* Advisor Menus
* Jeckels Trade Screens
* Some of Col-classic's music
* Koma's revised Europe Screen
* Jenks Land of Our Fathers
* PiMan's New Australia & Australia Civs
* NeverMind's New Russia & Russia Civs
* Younflancy's New China & China Civs
* Intro movie (Vengelis - Titans; Pirates of the Burning Seas)
* Main menu and loading screens
* New main menu music (Trailerhead - Age of Discovery)
* 40 new songs from the period (Hesperus - Colonial America & Early American Roots)
* Cheat Menu (CTRL-SHIFT-Z):
* AI Autoplay options
* Add gold options
* Devout: +25% Cross production
* Exporter: Free Cargo Hold promotion (naval) (LooF)
* Seafarer: Free Navigation I promotion (naval) (LooF)
* Explorer: -50% scout equipment required, Seasoned Scout starts with Explorer I & II (LooF)
* Added Carrack (replace caravel): 3 move, 3 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Portuguese
* Added Fluyt (replace caravel): 3 move, 3 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Dutch
* Added Pirate Brig (replace caravel): - unique unit for Pirates
* Added Pirate Ship (replace Privateer): 4 move, 3 strength, 3 cargo - unique unit for Pirates & Pirate Council
* Added Pirate colonist: 1 move, 0 strength, SOLDIER default profession
* Added colony fortress auto bombard enemy ships in adjacent waters when cannon in colony (50% chance hit/5% chance to sink).
* Added new promotion: Cargo Holds - +1 cargo bay (LooF)
* Added ability to change cargo bays by profession
* Added ability to define a building as single instance (only one allowed for nation)
* Added ability to define obsoleting building classes
* Added New Portugal - colour DARK PURPLE
* Prince Henry Aviz: Seafarer (Thanks Ekmek for LH)
* Martim de Sousa: Exporter (Thanks C.Roland for LH)
* Civ trait: Explorer
* Portuguese Leader Diplomacy texts
* Added Portugal Europe - colour PURPLE (Portugal LH from Civ4)
* Added Tortuga - colour GREY
* Pirate King Captain Lowther (Thanks Ekmek for LH)
* New "Tortuga" screen which replaces the Europe screen
* Added Pirates - colour BLACK
* Henry Morgan: Resourceful (Thanks Amra for LH)
* Bartholomew Roberts: Industrious (Thanks The Capo for LH)
* Civ trait: Militaristic
* Added new tag in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml: bPirates - indicates this Civ is a Pirate Civ (for specific processing)
* Pirates don't pay taxes (or get tax rises).
* Pirate Soldier graphics fixed (thanks BioHazard).
* No Pirates till after turn 30 (if AI controlled)
* Added new tag in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml: RevArtDefineTage - what the Civs art definition is changed to on revolution
* Added revolution flags for all Civs (England - BetsyRoss, France - Quebec, Spain - Argentina, Netherlands - Netherlands Antilles, Portugal - Brazil)
* Added new tag: bFromWest to indicate Civ begins on the west of the map
* Added Colonization I map (random bonuses and Indian placement)
* Added Columbus Dream map (random bonuses and Indian placement)
* Added ability to sail to the east or west coast (if known) from Europe.
* Added Regenerate Map button to Main Menu popup (like Civ4)
* Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.
* Failed missions will have a negative impact on the Natives.
* Regional Natives:
* Added new region tags in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
* bAsianNative - indicates this Civ is a Asian Native (for specific processing)
* bNAmericanNative - indicates this Civ is a North American Native (for specific processing)
* bSAmericanNative - indicates this Civ is a South American Native (for specific processing)
* bAfricanNative - indicates this Civ is a African Native (for specific processing)
* bPacificNative - indicates this Civ is a Pacific Native (for specific processing)
* Added new region tags in WBS files
* Added ability to define world regions in the map and which Natives appear in those regions
* Added ability to hurry yield shortages on build menu.
* Victory Conditions:
* Added ECONOMIC victory based on total goods traded (all trading methods, buy and sell).
* Added INDUSTRIALISATION victory based on total yield rate per turn (all yield types including bells, crosses and books).
* Added PIRATE PLUNDER victory based on total amount plundered from ships and towns (for Pirates).
* Nation changes:
* Dutch Europe colour to ORANGE
* Changed Dutch start unit to Fluyt (from Merchantman)
* Map changes:
* Changed number of nations on all World sizes.
* World dimensions increased (effective 2 times playing area).
* World Map now called New World Map.
* Religion/Immigration changes:
* Immigration threshold increase percent 10% (from 25%). This slows down cross requirement growth.
* Converted natives can no longer become missionaries.
* AI will now hurry immigrants on the docks.
* REF changes:
* Tripled size of starting REF.
* REF threshold start 150 (from 75).
* Rebel Sentiment changes
* Each colonist has their own RS on a percentage scale
* Each colony's CRS is based on each colonist's RS in the colony
* Global GRS is based on the RS of all units except those on the docks in Europe
* Producing bells has an upward effect on all colonist's RS, the more bells the more upwards movement
* Statemen in colonies raise the RS of units on the colony's plot on the map (eg: soldiers)
* RS generation takes into account gameSpeed & handicap
* Colonist's RS is now shown on the scale in the Revolution Advisor screen
* What affects colonist RS:
* City bell production (raises)
* Accepting tax rises (lowers)
* Not accepting tax rises (raises)
* Kissing pinky (lowers)
* Refusing to kiss pinky (raises)
* Education changes:
* Education threshold does not increase. Static education costs throughout game.
* Education gold cost more static. Defined by education level.
* Multiple colonists can graduate each turn.
* Education buildings now define city's education level (schoolhouse level 1, college level 2, university level 3).
* Professions now have a minimum education level to learn. For example stateman requires level 3 building.
* Can only train specialists that exist in that city, and have the correct education level building.
* Profession chosen and paid for at start of education.
* Petty Criminal and Indentured Servant cannot be educated in either education buildings or tribes.
* Governor won't place automated citizens in education buildings if human player.
* Unit changes:
* Changed caravel: 4 move (from 3)
* Colonists can now join cities after moving (like founding cities). Does not include outside jobs such as scout, military, pioneer, missionary.
* Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
* Converted native can no longer be educated at Indian settlements (can be trained at school as normal).
* Wagon trains can no longer be loaded onto ships.
* Cannon no longer has +100% colony attack.
* Veteran Soldier +50% colony attack and defense.
* Upped Looter promotion from +50% to +100% gold from pillaging (LooF)
* Attack crossing river modifier now -20% (was -10%) (LooF)
* Amphibious promotion now requires Veteran4 (up from Veteran2) (LooF)
* Trade ships (caravel, carrack, fluyt, merchantman, galleon, pirate brig) can trade in European colony ports without open border agreement.
* Units with no profession (eg: ships) can now "Speak with Chief"
* Must speak with chief before trading with natives.
* Indentured Servant can no longer be a soldier, dragoon or missionary.
* Petty Criminal can no longer be a soldier, dragoon or missionary.
* Indentured Servants become Free Colonists after 40 turns (gain their freedom).
* Petty Criminals become Free Colonists after 80 turns (serve their term).
* Frigate now starts with Navigation I.
* Can buy Free Colonist in Europe for 750.
* Privateers, Pirate brig, and Pirate Ship start with Skirmisher I
* Canister Shot I, II & III gives +10%, +15% & +25% versus gunpowder units
* Minuteman III gives +30% settlement defense, +10% vs Melee units & +10% vs Gunpowder units
* Founding Father changes (on top of LoOF):
* Pedro Alvarez Cabral switched positions in the Exploration FF tree with Jacques Marquette
* Washington Irving moved forwards to be the 3rd father in the Political FF tree
* Washington Irving gives +25% education in all settlements
* Sor Juana switched positions with Thomas Hooker in the Religion FF tree
* Sor Juana gives +1 cross per Town Hall, +2 crosses per church, +4 crosses per Cathedral
* Ethan Allen gives +2 Cannons and Mountaineer I & Ranger I for gunpowerder units
* William Penn gives +1 cross per Town Hall, free church all settlements
* Alexander von Humboldt gives +50% production of schools, colleges & universities
* Peter Minuit gives -50% price of Indian lands
* Pocahontas gives +2 Indian relations and 1 convert
* Chief Powhatan gives -20% price of Indian lands, as well as +50% Indian convert str, and +1 movement converts
* Hernando de Soto gives +100% production of Stables and Ranch, +1 Rancher
* Ben Franklin gives +4 soldiers, +4 cannons, +1 Frigate & +1 ship of the line
* William Brewster gives +25% production of churches and cathedrals, and -10% crosses required for immigration
* Interface changes:
* Europe screen now represents an actual dock.
* Yield changes:
* European horses tripled in price.
* European tools tripled in price.
* European muskets very expensive (but still able to profit from natives early in game).
* Added +1 horse to stables, +2 horse to ranch, upped costs (LooF)
* Other changes:
* Changed text "Reveals all Tiles with [x]" ... to "Reveals all [x]" to increase on screen space [English only] (LooF)
* Changed text "2x as likely chance to get Treasure from Ancient ruins" (LooF)
* Increased gold from capturing enemy colonies up to 20 gold, +20 gold per population (was +10gold per pop) (LooF)
* Increased growth of native villages (reduced threshold for growth by 20%, from 100 to 80) (LooF)
* AI will buy a better navy
* In line with bigger maps and faster immigration, number of game turns for each game speed increased (300/450/900/1200).
* Disciplined trait also gives -50% equipment needed for dragoons.
* Co-operative trait now gives -50% equipment needed for pioneers.
* Stable produces 3 horse per colonist, ranch 6 horse per colonist
* Tax Trade Theshold doubled (can trade more before a tax rise)