Firefly: what an awful show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly: what an awful show...

I wanted to like this show. I gave it a fair chance. Buffy was great. And I loved Angel. But Joss's newest creation Firefly just plain sucks... and here's why:

1. okay, it's sci-fi... they're in these spaceships right? they can fly to distant planets right? so they must have really advanced weapons right? WRONG... they are using revolvers and shotguns and ****. I mean, come the **** on. How retarded can you get? And the Alliance? The most powerful uber-government in the galaxy? What guns do they have? Steyr-Augs... gee... hundreds, if not thousands of years into the future and they are still using guns from our time. Not even newer guns... BUT THE SAME EXACT GUNS. Oh yeah... and Adam Baldwin has a shotgun with a laser sight. That's stupid on so many levels.

2. there are ****ing cows on the ship... yes... it's the future... advanced technology and ****... but yet, it's the old west... everyone is a cattle-rancher. Also... there are all these cows. But yet, nobody on the ship ever seems to take care of them. I mean, who the hell feeds the cows? I spent summers on my godfathers' farm in Wisconsin and it was a ****load of work. And what the hell do they do with all the cow****? It must smell pretty bad on that ship.

3. Adam Baldwin is the only likeable character in the show. He's funny. Everyone else sucks. Especially that River chick. She's supposedly special. But she's so damn annoying... I'd throw her out the damn airlock if I were the captain. Right along with her wussy brother, the doctor. In the latest episode, these dumbass townspeople want to burn River alive because they think she's a witch. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I mean, I hate River, but I also hate religious morons who want to burn witches. I don't know who to root for or who to hate more! The only other person on the show who is close to likeable is the pilot (who I'm convinced is Giovani Ribisi's long-lost brother).

I'm sure there are more reasons I hate this show, but I can't think of them right now. I'm also equally sure that tons of people on Poly will flame me saying, "ZOMFG SAVA U R TEH SUCK THIS SHOW PWNZ U"... well, let me just say this in advance... you suck and you have no taste.

This show sucks.

And the movie will suck too.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

You don't know it was cancelled years ago?

Not a great show, but entertaining and it had its moments...
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
      You don't know it was cancelled years ago?

Not a great show, but entertaining and it had its moments...
      uhmmm I'm talking about the new series on SciFi channel...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They're reruns...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

no
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Never saw it, for better or worse.

Comment

Stargate is the greatest show on television!
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                no
                Ahem, Yes, its a rerun, of an already cancelled show.

How the hell else do you think a movie got made? Or are you simply trolling?

The hosw was cancelled, but when it came out on DVD the sales were very good, so the execs decided to go forward with a movie.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  Stargate is the greatest show on television!
                  NO, Battlestar Galactica is an order of magnitude better.

Better scripts, better actors, better storyline, even better effects.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

NO, Battlestar Galactica is an order of magnitude better.

Better scripts, better actors, better storyline, even better effects.
                    Star Trek pwnz every soul on Earth.

Star Trek

The other sci fi inferiors can be rated as you see fit.

Comment

As a great fan of Star Trek, I can safely say:

You are NUTS.

The new BG has simply better writers, plus I must say that shows with a metastory are better than purely episodic shows, which is why DS9 was the best ST series.

And B5 pwns ST any day of the week storywise.

Comment

Yep... reruns... a movie coming out soon.

I think it was a different and entertaining show.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

HA HA... Save is PWNED!

They are definetly reruns.. though aired in the proper order.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Technically, some episodes aren't reruns because they were never shown in the first run. Hah, I PWN you all!

Anyway, I enjoyed the show, but it took the cowboys in space thing a little too literally.
                            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Only a single episode wasn't aired originally... consider yourself "PWNed"
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X