Observer mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer mode

I read in a preview that people could observe an online game.

1. Can the host turn this feature off?

2. How many people can watch?

3. Do the observers cause lag?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

observer mode would rock! i'd like to hear those questions answered also.
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

Here is where i fount the observer mode

Q: Will I be able to record my games to play back later or share with others?

The game does include a recorded game feature that will allow you or others to play back games at a later time. There is also an "Observer" mode that allows players to join and watch games as they happen, but they are unable to interfere with anything that goes on.
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Seems like that would be option that you could turn off by simply closing the room. Although BHG would have to tell you for sure.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Couple notes about Observer mode--

* Host can choose on whether to allow observer players into the game (that is, he can boot them or close empty game slots).

* Related point: host has a checkbox (game setting) which controls whether observer players are allowed to "chat to all" during the game. If box is not checked, Observers can only chat to other observers.

* Observer players each use one of the 8 player slots for the game (so you can't observe an 8 player game)

* My understanding from Jason is that the Observer players aren't allowed to cause lag (algorithmically they use a different method for receiving game information, and in any event if their connection creates too many issues they're just dropped).

* If you're an observer you can view the map from any player's point of view, or remove all the fog-of-war and view everything. You can click on buildings and find out what is going on inside, etc.

* In observer mode the Data display (the optional stats at the lower right) shows extra information about the players.

Brian

Comment

* My understanding from Jason is that the Observer players aren't allowed to cause lag (algorithmically they use a different method for receiving game information, and in any event if their connection creates too many issues they're just dropped).

Quite perfect, I hope that you guys were really able to make this practice. I just imagine knowing of some big tourney final match in advance and visiting it to observe the game live... sweet!
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

thank you Brian. Sounds like a cool feature.

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Nothing gets past you guys... Excellent work.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                  X