Citizen scouting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen scouting?

I dunno, maybe? Since exploration actually is profitable in RoN (Ruins), maybe send your scout AND one citizen out? Send the citizen to scout out the immediate surroundings... hmm...

all units shoud be able to explore, do they?

Comment

They can. But the scout units are better at it (move fast, long LoS). But I am just thinking that setting one citizen apart for early nearby scouting and Ruin popping is worth the effort. I think... maybe.

Comment

Have you given it a try yet?

Is there an auto option with a scout to have them look around automatically without you having to check on them every couple seconds?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

You can set your scout to auto explore , but it's not very effective.
          It's much better to scout manually.

I don't think scouting with a vill is a very good idea, you need vills to harvest and build not walk around.

Use your scout to circle your town manually to find a suitable location for your 2nd city. After that send it out to find a victim, uh I mean enemy

It might even be worthwhile to build a 2nd scout to go goodie-hunting, but it's probably not.

Comment

It's funny--only about eight weeks ago we discovered that it was actually very profitable to scout with citizens, and most of the good players regularly sent out 4-5 citizens right off the bat to go looking for ruins. This didn't seem right to us, since it got away from what felt "realistic" and historical (and fun) about the early game in RoN, so we severely curtailed citizens' line of sight. Nowadays, if my starting position is in the corner of the map, I might send one citizen to the corner to look for the inevitable ruin, but usually I leave it to the professional scouts :-).

Tim

Comment

or maybe also make it so that citizens cant collect bonuses from ruins. maybe only even allow scholars and scouts only to collect them.
              Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
              X