Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between RoN and Empire Earth???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the difference between RoN and Empire Earth???

    I've been playing Empire Earth for some time now and I really don't see so much differences between the two games (except for the graphics ).

    Does anyone know if there are more things that are different, because I see a lot of things that are the same:
    - realtime
    - 3D
    - A bunch of Civ's ( )
    - A lot of Ages
    - Technology research
    etc, etc
    | COGTO ERGO SVM |
    --------------------------
    Click here to visit DutchCiv

  • #2
    Good comparasin here: http://www.geocities.com/rohag3/RoNvEE.html

    And as far as i can tell everyone is sure that RoN will beat the pants off EE
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

    Comment


    • #3
      It's quite different from EE, which is more hardcore and has slightly better military handling.

      RoN has better, more crisp, graphics and a better zooming scale.

      A really cool feature is the ability to set the default attack stance for newly created units.

      There are no armor or attack upgrades as in AoK or EE, you just upgrade your units to heavy/elite units.

      There is a Raid stance which makes your units raid an enemy base (following your waypoints) and target all econ targets instead of military targets. This is pretty cool, if you don't want to be bothered micro-ing your raiding party.

      If you boxselect a group of units, it will only select the military units, your farmers will be left alone for instance.

      On the downside, RoN feels quit sluggishly even on my P4 2,66ghz with around 60fps. But I'm sure they'll improve the code before the final release.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Enriquillo


        If you boxselect a group of units, it will only select the military units, your farmers will be left alone for instance.
        oh ****, that's bloody brillient! BHG has all kinds of stuff up their sleaves
        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
        - UberKruX

        Comment


        • #5
          It gets better than that. If you ALT-select a drag box you get all military EXCEPT your seige equipment (so you can declare an army move order without disrupting your fire missions). There are other drag filters for ALL units or only civilian units.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bhg_paul
            It gets better than that. If you ALT-select a drag box you get all military EXCEPT your seige equipment (so you can declare an army move order without disrupting your fire missions). There are other drag filters for ALL units or only civilian units.
            /me passes out
            "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
            - UberKruX

            Comment


            • #7
              ... now I'm convinced too

              This game will beat the crap out of EE
              | COGTO ERGO SVM |
              --------------------------
              Click here to visit DutchCiv

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't be too sure about that, if you loved EE , there's a good chance you might not like RoN because it's a totally different game.

                EE was very much like the original Age of Empires , very unforgiving and hardcore.
                RoN on the other has a lot of Civ features and is very hard to play in RealTime because there is so much to do and decide.
                This doesn't mean one is better than the other, they're just very different.

                One thing that does really bother me about RoN is it's autotransporting, that totally sucks and makes watermaps worthless IMO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  well it depends on if you are playing competitively....
                  it was pretty frantic when playing against a good player in my experience
                  Are you down with ODV?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bridger, there's a whole lot more commands and filters like that too- so get some adrenaline pills ready for more fainting spells.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My god.... how many times have we seen that question???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Enriquillo
                        This doesn't mean one is better than the other, they're just very different.
                        This is exactly what I think. They represent two different historical RTS "recipes." Some will naturally prefer one to the other. I imagine Rick Goodman's Empires: Dawn of the Modern World will carry the EE recipe forward in its own direction that will make it even more distinct from the RoN recipe.
                        Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vushum
                          My god.... how many times have we seen that question???
                          New people come and new people have questions that we have seen before, Either get used to it and look for new information in the answers to these questions or leave the forum because its going to keep happening.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't believe we've seen any other RTS game like RoN, it's entirely different. Almost a new genre. And to me, it's much better than EE.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            Contact: solver-at-weplayciv-dot-com
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              RoN has the potential to establish a new standard for future RTS games.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X