bigger forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger forums

Markg are going to make like mulitipe forums for ron like u did for civ 3 or are this site going to remain primalry a civilization site.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

I'm guessing that the forum structure will be mostly determined by traffic and demand.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well, I think there will be multiple forums devoted to Rise of Nations. To quote MarkG:
      Originally posted by MarkG in the "Conquer the World" aspect sounds great thread:
      i can already see it now: a ctw-only strategy forum right here where you stand
      So, I'm hoping that there would be some more different forums by the time the game comes out.

After all, if this is to be determined by demand, there are plenty of people in here already, who are ready to demand night and day.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

this'll definately happen once RoN is released, until then, maybe a beta forum, maybe not

Comment

It all depends on how much traffic and posts are taking place. The Civ III section was originally two before the game was released (an ideas page and the list). Then as we moved towards release new forums became necessary due to interest (i.e. Civilizations and MP). Then once the game came out more (Strategy and others).

I would assume the same thing about RoN. If every day there were new threads being posted with adequate discussion on the different civs in RoN then that would get a new thread. If there are a bunch of beta testers that also post to Poly and they begin to start a lot of threads talking about bugs they are finding then that would maybe get a new thread. It will all come down to what Markos and Dan see a need based on our comments and our traffic habits.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

it also depends on how much advertising markos does, as getting new people to come to the ron fourms
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

There will almost certainly be at least a multiplayer forum.
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                There will almost certainly be at least a multiplayer forum.
                that'll definately be there, once the game's released

Comment

Re: bigger forums

Originally posted by flash9286
                  Markg are going to make like mulitipe forums for ron like u did for civ 3 or are this site going to remain primalry a civilization site.
                  yeap
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes = make multiple forums?

OR

Yes = remain primarily a civilization site?

Comment

As you, no doubt, well know, Markos, not being one to waste words, was replying to both with the single monosyllable.

Comment

both
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Comment

:-)

Comment

Isn't that the whole point of covering RoN, it is a civilization type game. Sure its RTS but at its premise is the same thing that made Civilization so popular. So it will remain primarily a civilization site but it can only be helped by more diverse coverage and more diverse users.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X