Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will an X-Box Version of Rise of Nations be forthcoming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an X-Box Version of Rise of Nations be forthcoming?

As an X-Box owner I'd like to know...
    My most wanted Civ III civ which was missing from Civ II: the ARABS!

As a happy X-Box owner, I think the X-Box controller would suck for trying to control an RTS (I may be proven wrong, but that is my opinion).
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Probably not. StarCraft was ported to Snes I believe and it didn't do very well. Controls are too hard to change.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Personally I think that the only advantage the PC has over consoles is RTS and TBS games. The computer doesn't play shooter, fighting, sports etc. as well as consoles. I have a PS2 and tried playing Army Men RTS. It stunk however it would probalbly be okay on PC. But that's my own personal oppoinion(sp).

Comment

Rts on console is crazy

Comment

Command and Conquer was ported to PSX. i do not recall a StarCraft port anywhere.

btw: the C&C port sucked, even if it did have the expansion packs and a new mission set.

Like the Civ and Populous ports to SNES, it just didn't work very well.
            B♭3

Comment

I concur, don't hold your breath.
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

they would have to give a keyboard with it

i dont think you can seriously play RoN(or any rts for that matter) with the keyboard shortcuts
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                  That would be horrible

It was N64. Search it up on Google.
                  My mistake.

It was horrible though as well for everything people told me. Blizzard, depite making console games now, is not likely to do that again with WC3, it would be a waste of time.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bloody Baro
                    Personally I think that the only advantage the PC has over consoles is RTS and TBS games. The computer doesn't play shooter, fighting, sports etc. as well as consoles.
                    I'll be brief: I completely disagree.

PCs have gamepads too.

Comment

Personally I think that the only advantage the PC has over consoles is RTS and TBS games. The computer doesn't play shooter, fighting, sports etc. as well as consoles.
                      I have to disagree here. Shooter/FPS games are much better on the computer than on the console, for the simple reason that there is more control.

Besides on a computer, all the controls are relatively similar, meaning you can make the jump from one shooter/FPS to another without having to learn an entirely new control scheme-- something not present in console games, where you have to learn one for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark, one for Metroid Prime, one for TimeSplitters...
                      B♭3

Comment

Except that most Console games come with multiple configurations for the controller. Also, I've been able to go from the NES to the SNES to the PSX and now the PS2 without learning anything new new. EA Sports hasn't changed their control scheme for years on any of their games.

The graphics, speed, and fun factor are all much higher for console games - when talking about sports (aka Madden, I've played all versions and it is horrible on PC), certain FPS, most action oriented games like GTA, and all Fighting games. Console software makers can design for only one design spec and can make the most of that. PC designers can't and so they either make the graphics accessible to everyone, have multiple configurations, or don't include support (C&C Renegade and many other games don't have any support for Voodoo graphics cards, the reason I bought a new video card).
                        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                        New faces...Strange places,
                        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Controls are one challenge with putting an RTS on a console. Screen resolution is another. Most modern RTS games have a LOT of information on them. Try running your favorite RTS at 640x480 (which is still more data than standard TV resolution) and see how it goes.

Comment

RTS on a console is no good. Just play it on your computer, RTS and TBS are much better on a computer then console. Besides computers are dirt cheep right now.
                            Donate to the American Red Cross.
                            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
                            X