When will the winners be announced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the winners be announced?

According to the site, the time to sign up has ended. (11 am PST)
    When will the winners be announced or emailed? Any speculation?
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

I'd say by the end of this week those who won will be notified. Most likely on Thursday / Friday. Though, of course, since I do not have any "inside info" that is pure speculation.

EDIT: Just read the info page. It says:
    On or around February 20 we will select the 1000 winners via a random drawing from all eligible entries.
    So then maybe friday would be the notification day.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

ah, okay thanks.

Comment

Maybe we will know Thrusday. I thought today we would know but i was wrong so its no prob and now we wait for awhile and hopefuly a lot of us here win the game here.

Comment

How do u guys think they will pick? Put all are e-mails in a hat and pick? Say if 2050 people enter pick numbers like 1,23,45,56,78,105, they way people entered? How do u think they will do this?

Comment

2050? Hehe... Right.

I, personally don't really care how they do this, but they will probably just hash your name or e-mail or whatever, and then use a random number generator to pick 1K of those. They might just favour people, whose e-mails are at hotmail, or msn, though.
            Spore page

Comment

How many people do u think? I hope they favor the Hotmail ones!!!!

Comment

That is a good question. Anyone care to speculate on how many people entered?

Comment

Well, like I said in some other thread, my guess would be a five-digit number of entries. Something like 25 - 30 thousand people seems about right to me. But I really hope I am exaggerating.
                  Spore page

Comment

Apparently there were only 60 participants in the (French) RoN Eden contest. And I still didn't win.... (Maybe my french wasn't as good as I thought after all? )
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well i think that maybe we might be under the number. Look at .de 20 people last week? thats a pretty small number. We got 10 happy people right now. I hope tomm im a happy 1 out of 1000 people like the rest of us here. If i could have it go my way i wish that the people here on this message board would win. But think 20 people? Thats not alot. Maybe 30 people entered. Now i got a ? Since those 10 people won doesn't that mean they should be taken out of all other contest so that gives us a 10 more chance? How does that work? I been thinking about this a lot and tomm we might get a e-mail that says we won. When do the other fan sites give there results? This website does Monday am i right? RONC i don't know when and RONP does there march 7. I wonder when. I hope less than 1000 people entered. Gives us a better chance of winning than before. I hope we are right and hope we all win. What do u guys think? Im just wondering.

Comment

You have to realize that those are German/French sites and therefore only attract German and French people respectively (generally even only those German and French people who speak little to no English - those often seem to prefer bigger English sites). Also, I had a hard time finding those contests: initiallly only RoN Empire (IIRC) linked to them, but noone else, so not everyone may have known about them. Markos announced earlier that Apolyton's contest already had between 100 and 1000 participants only a few hours after it was posted.

And Microsoft's website gets a lot more attention than fan-sites like Apolyton, so the the number of people who signed up there will be a multitude of that. I agree with vovansim that the number is likely to be a five digits long, ranging from anywhere between 10,000 and 50,000 probably (most likely 25k-ish, as vovansim said).
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I don't know, it might be higher. There were links on all the major gaming sites as well - so even people with a passing interest or heard "BETA" jumped at it. I may be wrong, but I think the number is probably quite high. Maybe into the six digits.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I hope I win this beta. When ever I enter a contest to win a beta of a game, I always lose. Why cant I win for once! Well I shall find out soon if I won a beta.
                            Donate to the American Red Cross.
                            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
                            X