What system spec will RoN need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What system spec will RoN need?

I don't think this question has been asked? I assume it will need a decent graphics card aswell as a good cpu and fast ram?

I've got a celeron 533mhz , 256ram with a Radeon 8500. I'm expecting to keep the Radeon 8500 and just upgrade the cpu and ram? I'd like to play RoN at maxium settings if possilbe..Anyway, any thoughts?
    I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Re: What system spec will RoN need?

Oh yes talking of running at maxium settings, I've heard the Athlon 64 is on its way too..so is it worth waiting for that too?
    I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

From the FAQ in Rise of Nations section at BHG site:

Q: What sort of system will I need to play Rise of Nations?

A: The minimum system is currently set at a 500 MHz processor, Win98/2000/Me/XP, 128MB of memory, 800 MB of HD space, 16X CD drive, DX 8.2 or higher, and a 16MB video card. No Voodoo video cards will be supported.

Hope this helps. This, of course, is not the final word about it, but I think the min sys reqs will be something like this.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You will need to upgrade the motherboard and the processor. You can get a Athlon 1700 xp for 50 bucks, plus a socket A motherboard for around 80, and you will be set. I woulndt even wait for the athlon 64, you will be paying 300 dollars + for it

Comment

i'll buy the 64 even if its $400!
          and a $100-200 motherboard to go w/ it

Comment

Is it safe to say that 400 mhz and 256 MB ram is insufficient for this game?
            For the beta, 1 Ghz is now recommended.

Comment

i've run beta 1 on a pIII/800 and i remember it going ok
              there are many many on/off/auto options for the graphics and what is shown.....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by playshogi
                Is it safe to say that 400 mhz and 256 MB ram is insufficient for this game?
                For the beta, 1 Ghz is now recommended.
                It might go slow on large maps with lots of players. That's where the processor speed is most important, keeping track of all the units and managing the AI and everything.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  i've run beta 1 on a pIII/800 and i remember it going ok
                  there are many many on/off/auto options for the graphics and what is shown.....
                  Cool. I'll be able to run it in my system, then.

Comment

My 750 is getting closer and closer to the day it needs to be replaced. I can't afford it right now while being in school. But that will also mean no games until I graduate in 2005.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                      My 750 is getting closer and closer to the day it needs to be replaced. I can't afford it right now while being in school. But that will also mean no games until I graduate in 2005.
                      I'm in a situation just like yours, the difference being that I can afford the upgrade, but my marriage can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                        I'm in a situation just like yours, the difference being that I can afford the upgrade, but my marriage can't.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                        X