No AoE stuff wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No AoE stuff wanted

i just some screens/post that make me worry if this game is too much based on AoE and AoK
    the graphics say alot for that end
    if only RoN had a better messaging sytem

i've played almost 30 AoK clones or mods, and im sick of anything AoK

how much of RoN is from AoK anyway? and how much from EE and others?????

-theDivineEmperor

The graphics are alot like AoE. It's about gameplay though. It really seems like BR is trying to eliminate the micro, or "twitch", factor, and have outcomes depend on real strategic decisions. That would be quite different form AoE and just about every other RTS to date. Having read about the game mechanics, especially peasant management, about Brian's vision for the game, I think he'll succeed.

Comment

Would be hard to make a historical RTS game that does not resemble AoE.
      The difference between industrial society and information society:
      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

EE graphic r much better than AoK, but RoN leans more toward AoK

Comment

How much did you smoke today? AOK's graphics are much better than EE's. EE's units are hard to tell apart and they look very jagged. AOK's units are easy to tell apart and look very smooth. Also, EE's buildings have horrible detail and are way too plain. AOK's buildings, on the other hand, have depth and are complicated. In EE, the siege factory looks lika a rectangle with stick coming up from it.
          "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
          Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
          Peace, Love, and =waffles=

Comment

the siege factory sucked for one age, but in EE (zoomed out), almost everything else is clearer and better looking than in AoK

im not insulting AoK, its just that AoK's graphics and gameplay r out of date and old

Comment

The difference is that AoE and AoK have 2D graphics, and EE has 3D.

2D graphics are very detailed, but a little stiff, since units can only be shown in a limited number of directions.

3D graphics allow continuous zooming and rotation, but they look bad in close-ups sice you see the edges.
              The difference between industrial society and information society:
              In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
              In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

un-zoomed EE is the best so far (until AoM)

Comment

hey, i checked out the new screens and they scream tight

i love the unit's graphics

Comment

who cares about graphics?

Comment

Obviously not you.

(unless you were being sarcastic, then my apologies for offending you)
                      "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
                      Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
                      Peace, Love, and =waffles=

Comment

i dont know i have to agree with BHG...3D buildings in RTS's doesnt generally look that good if u wanna meet system requirements of more then just the top end machines. AOM is building graphics is definitely better then EE's and manages to look as good as 2D. I think the combination 2D/3D approach of RoN is a great approach. In a few years maybe people can build full 3D buildings that look better then 2D without sacrificing performance, on a large scale. Its the dawn of that now, but playing AOM. The game is a bit sluggish even with a P3-700 , 32 Meg geforce 2 graphics that I am on.
                        Are you down with ODV?

Comment

well strategy game have always had to support "value" systems, but letting people see some Unreal II powered graphics would sell very well too

Comment

Well, I saw the nuke creen, and all I can say is:

Comment

the nuke expolsion was worse than what i expected

Comment

Working...
                              X