Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone answer a question about this game for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone answer a question about this game for me?

Will this have a "global" feel to it, or will the maps and stuff be set up a'la Age of Whatever and Empire Earth?

I want to see a RTS/TBS hybrid with some sort of zoom capability where u can see individual units while still having a global feel. Units in the civ games are just dumb.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

i dont know but both'll do right? it is a cx-genre game right?

Comment

From what I gather, at least in the Conquer the World mode, there'll be a large world map, and as battles play out, the game will move into smaller, regional maps.

Comment

I just hope its not a "new and improved" EE.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

New and improved AoE.

I wouldn't go hoping that the gameplay will diverge 'very' much from that of the AoE series. I mean- don't expect it to be Civilization.

Comment

I don't think anybody around here does. After all, the guys who are designing and programming this game have 'Been there, done that.'

Comment

If someone set up an arbitrary continuum bookended by Civ and AoK/AoC and forced me to place RoN somewhere on it, based on the available information I’d certainly place it much closer to AoK/AoC than Civ.

Fortunately I don’t have to do that, and quite a few folks are reporting the game plays differently from the Age games and EE. Beyond that I’m looking forward to RoN’s customizations and relatively open, text-based internal structure. It may be possible to tinker with the game’s innards in such ways that it plays significantly different from any RTS so far. Who knows? – A bunch of RoN communities could gather around mods that feel like whole other games.
              Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

Be that as it may. I still have to be convinced that this is not just another Age of XXX or EE. Someone once told me, that if it looks like s*it, and smells like s*it, it probably is just that: s*it.

I can't help but get the feeling that the RTS genre is running around in circles. Constantly improving on graphics and size of the games, but sadly lacking in innovative ideas for gameplay.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Exactly Asmodean.... I'll probably buy it, but only because I don't have a decent RTS that I'm not sick of.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                  X