RON could topple Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON could topple Civ

If the play is fun and it is not impossible to make it to the advanced ages in less than 20 straight days of playtime (my biggest gripe about Civ3), then this game has the potential to knock off the Civ dynasty. Which, I am sure, is not MS objective .......
    "...Democracy is the worst system there is, except all the other ones"

Winston Churchill

The one thing that is bugging me is that the maps look TINY. Otherwise, RON looks more like a genre unto itself. If it topples civ, well maybe thats deserved. Don't get me wrong I love civ3, but, survival of the fittest and evolution and all, I thought Firaxis could do no wrong after SMAC, but it was certainly devolution when they made civ3.

Comment

RON will topple the Civs

Comment

well ure supposed to be able to make it through all ages within an hour...and ive played the beta to confirm this is the case, so does that answer your question tatterdood?
        Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Hmmmm

Well, an hour is about all I have, even at home, but I don't mind using the save game feature either. I just hate banging my head against the wall for 15 hours only to have the AI beat me to a critical development that effectively ends the game.
          "...Democracy is the worst system there is, except all the other ones"

Winston Churchill

Comment

Whether or not RoN topples Civ, I believe it will force the turn-based strategy world to respond. The best response may not come from Firaxis.
            Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

An hour?! So, like there will be no more games lasting days and days? This will have the speed of starcraft then? poo...

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                An hour?! So, like there will be no more games lasting days and days? This will have the speed of starcraft then? poo...
                All reports are that RoN offers many game variants and options allowing players to vary standard game length. At the recent Fragapalooza event in Toronto Paul Stephanouk told VGM Fusion that RoN’s single-player Conquer the World campaign is designed to provide about 50-60 hours of gameplay.

Link to the video interview
                Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

I bet that RON is going to be the next big thing in the civ world.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

No doubt about it.

It will be quite interesting to see which forum is busiest at this time next year.

Comment

60 hours! woo hoo!!!!!!
                      Last edited by aahz_capone; December 17, 2002, 19:34.

Comment

RON will toppel civ... until a new civ comes (and I won't said 'Civ3 sucks' because I never played it before... but getting it this Chirstmas!)
                        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Civ 3 does suck IMO

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                            The one thing that is bugging me is that the maps look TINY.
                            Welcome to the club . For me this ridiculizes the civs, look, in the place where we see two small pine forests we can build 4 civs 2000 years history.
                            Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Given that Civ3 has the complexity of tic-tac-toe, I'm rather looking forward to RoN. I have supreme confidence in BR.

Comment

Working...
                              X