mini map and UU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini map and UU

Does anybody else think the mini map is too dark. I looks like the terrain is on mars if you look at the minimap. Can BHG make it so wee can still see the terrain type through the borders on the minimap. One way to do this is to make the border coloring less dark. Maybe a light tint of the player's color. Because look at this picure http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...0.html?page=67

the minimap looks VERY BAD.

The old minimap looked WAAAAAAAYYYYY better because it was lighter and it I could see the terrain. Here's an example http://www.strategyplanet.com/riseof...0zoom%20in.jpg

Also, the old Interface looked better and probably was easier to use. The minmap and the unit info have been switched and is more uncomfortable because a lot of people have gotten used to the Age of Empires and Starcraft interface. Also, the top bar with the resources is gone. In an interview, I have heard that we are able to change the UU. Will I be able to change it so it looks like this http://www.strategyplanet.com/riseof...zoom%20in.jpg?
    "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
    Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
    Peace, Love, and =waffles=

I may be wrong bt I think that it is very possible that the picture from GameSpot is an older screen shot than the one that you pointed out from Strategy Planet. The reason I say that is that not only has the UI downgraded with icons less flatering and a loss of the historical feel to the interface, there are also less buttons. This suggests to me that they have added more things that can be accessible from the main screen - taking up more buttons around the mini map.

The logical procesion is to add more buttons, historical look to the UI, and let buttons be larger the further into developement you get. Not going backwards. That is why I think there is a good possibility that the 'new' GameSpot picture is actually older than the Strategy Planet pic.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

In my opinion historical interface wouldn't be quite right, because the game isnot only about history, but also about current days. Medieval interface might look good in actual medieval period but not in Industrial, Modern, or information epochs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic
        In my opinion historical interface wouldn't be quite right, because the game isnot only about history, but also about current days. Medieval interface might look good in actual medieval period but not in Industrial, Modern, or information epochs.
        If its historical, there is probably some type of evolution of the backing between epochs. Maybe not, but that would seem to make sense to me.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Graham, Please respond!
          "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
          Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
          Peace, Love, and =waffles=

Comment

Well, the screen shots Markos has posted pretty much puts this issue to rest. In the new shots we see the silver gray UI. I am not sure how much I like it, I would much rather see a more historical look or an evolving look but there are much more important matters to worry about.

Comment

i'm positive the minimap wont stay like this....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                i'm positive the minimap wont stay like this....
                Is that because it doesn't play well in the game? Is it not polished looking?

I don't like what I see because the mini map looks like a space game. Other pics showed a map with a pastel feel to it with border lightly painted over the contours of the map. I liked that. I hope that is how it ends up.

But I am wondering why you in playing the game are confident that this is not the final look of the UI?

Comment

well first of all there are many icons missing(not done yet) so there is definately work to be done

then the button to change the view of the minimap is not working which also means(probably ) that they intend to work on that too....

but more important is the level of attention to ease of use and option that is shown in the entire game that i doubt the minimap will be just that
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X