Assassins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassins!

Hidden in the HomeLan Fed Interview (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=9176) is a piece of new information that I find incredibly exciting, it is a game of Assassins.

Traditionally, Assassins is a game where everyone that is playing receives a card of the person that they have to kill (tag, shoot with water gun, place sticker, etc.). Every person in the game has to kill someone differently and as soon as they have made that kill, they receive their next target. The winner is the last player standing. It is popular at college campuses for dorms and groups to do so that they better get to know each other.

Tim Train has said this feature is in RoN. Here is how he described it:
    One of the favorite game types around the office is called "Assassin", which makes free-for-all games with large numbers of players more interesting. Usually, free-for-all games end up with players losing because they got ganged up on; there's very little they could have done to prevent defeat in that situation. In Assassin, you are given a target at the beginning of the game, and you can only attack that target until you've knocked your opponent out. At the same time, one (and only one) player is trying to take you down, and you have to be careful not to leave your empire undefended while you are off cleaning house

I am excited about it. One thing to note, is that in the traditional game of Assassins a time limit on when you have to kill someone by is needed. That way you don't simply hide in your dorm room all day but instead go out and try to kill that person and in the action get killed yourself. Some type of rule like this may need to be added to the RoN feature. But other than that,
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Hm. It could be interesting. I find it is a little arbitrary, though. Maybe it works better in college campuses.

Anyway, I can see why it is popular in the office. It is a quick game that involves a permanent and global war. But it will be a clickfest.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
      But it will be a clickfest.
      Probably no more than a normal game's warfare component.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
      X