No announcement yet.

Suggestion to do instead of unique techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you both like playing offensive game. I like defensive. This is what I do in EE atomic age for example:

First I estabilish economy by getting all iron, gold, stones sources around, also build two mills for food and also gather wood (I know rusher could kill me at this moment that's why I play no rushing games). Then I build barracks and other major military buildings. And, shortly after that I send my citizens to wall up everything, including all resources. This ussually is huge area. After that, I place one gate and also build many towers and AA turrets near wall and on the coast (if there is one. A also build several artilleries and place near the wall and several howitzers and place them near coast. Then I build at least 4 airports and several carriers, also ships to guard carriers. Airports has different fighters rally points, all over the wall just at different places, carrier planes patrols over water. I build mixed force of fighters, fighter/bombers and anti-tank planes. After I do that, I have loads of free time. My defense is very strong and opponents (if there are several of them) ussually fights each other because it is just unprofitable to send armies to me. And yes, I have no expansion towns. I use only resources in the enclosed area. There are ussually 3-4 iron and gold sources, 2-3 stone sources. After I build all the defenses, I have two strategies. One is if wonder victory is allowed, so I build the number of wonders required (very obviously with troops near them and planes circling around - after all, I am air force fanatic, I completed most of german campaign only with air force). If wonder victory isn't allowed, I still build the library to see enemy buildings and after that I build huge army. And later I am taking one enemy after another, if army gets destroyed, I do rebuild it or I have reinforcements in fortresses (if pop limit is reached). First I am taking of all AA guns and then my nuclear bombers (15 or so) does the job.

Comment

thats fair enough, i also like to be more defensive but thats a luxury I dont want to indulge in. so i play offensive and defensively. i dont like making artificial rules to allow myself any slack, i want to know i can handle all situations.

so what i typically do in EE is send one village to wall off my flank, build a rushing army, and try to pull off a rush if possible, if not i still have a defensive army, and at least know more or less they couldnt just walk into my flank.
      Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
      X