I like long games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like long games

Does anyone out there like the huge 15 hour epic games? It is cool that this will be playable in under an hour but will it be possible to stretch it out into a massive epic long ass game?

Scipio2k,

Welcome to Apolyton! Hope you enjoy it around here.

First of all, yes I love playing Epic games. I assume that since your one post is in the RoN section that you are a fan of RTS and have come here for RoN. There are plenty of people here that will be posting in anticipation of this coming game. However, the site was founded as a site dedicated to the game Civilization. It is an epic TBS game. You should take a look at the newest one Civ III for more understanding of what the game is and the epicness of that game if you like epic games. If you don't ever play Civ you will be fine around here but just to let you know that was what the site was created for.

Second, Brian Renyolds is the lead designer of RoN. He has said that the game can be stretched to take as long as you would like. It is just that to allow MP during lunch hours that the base game is an hour long. So that is what they are aiming for. But the answer to your question is yes you can probably stretch this into an 13 hour affair.

Oh and any other questions, just post, someone will be happy to answer them.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Whoa there. I have been visiting this site for several years now, cause i am a huge fan of the Civ series of games. I really hope RoN will have that epic civ feel in real time. I play Civ3 all the time and when i am not playing civ3 i am playing Empire Earth so what i am really looking forward to is a game similar to empire earth with a more "civ" feel too it.

Comment

You got that right. I far more enjoy one satisfying 15 hour game vs 15 one hour games. Hope RoN has the depth.

Given what Reynolds has produced (SMAC was a quite a fun surprise) I believe our expectations are justified.

Comment

I like long games too.... as long as i only play 2-3 times and never come back to it.. never!!!! My time is just to precious.
          someone teach me baduk

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2k
            Whoa there. I have been visiting this site for several years now, cause i am a huge fan of the Civ series of games. I really hope RoN will have that epic civ feel in real time. I play Civ3 all the time and when i am not playing civ3 i am playing Empire Earth so what i am really looking forward to is a game similar to empire earth with a more "civ" feel too it.
            Sorry about that misunderstanding. As far as I know it is the only post you have ever made and so I figured you were new. Sorry.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yeah, this is my first post on the apolyton forums in a long time, I used to post a ton right before call to power was released. I even won the contest thingy when you submit an idea for the "people love you" improvement for CTP and they gave me a free copy and put my name in the instructions..i think that was through these forums...maybe..it has been awhile. Yeah, I really like short games alot for RTS (The Warcraft 3 beta was an awesome 30-45 min game experiance) but for a nation-building type i really like long games so i can have plenty of time in each era for fighting:-)

Comment

It will be possible, because you can alter the resources needed to research and reach to the next era

Comment

Yeah..this game is going to rock. As you like epic turn-based game, you may be interested to check Master of Orion 3 which is coming out in September. MOO3 plus CIV3 will help you wait for Rise of Nation (which is still months and months from release)
                  "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Oh yeah. I really can't wait for Master of Orion 3. I played both the first and the excellent 2nd one. One thing that I think is frustrating in current RTS games is that it seems that everyone rushes through to get to the last age/epoch/whatever and then we play that one age for 6 hours. What would be really cool is possibly something like an optional timelimit required for advancing or a total world population, or total military losses/kills, or %map exploration, or a certain amount of world trade or something.... It would be great to be able to spend the same amount of time in each age and still be able to win.

Comment

Oh yeah. I really can't wait for Master of Orion 3. I played both the first and the excellent 2nd one. One thing that I think is frustrating in current RTS games is that it seems that everyone rushes through to get to the last age/epoch/whatever and then we play that one age for 6 hours. What would be really cool is possibly something like an optional timelimit required for advancing or a total world population, or total military losses/kills, or %map exploration, or a certain amount of world trade or something.... It would be great to be able to spend the same amount of time in each age and still be able to win.
                      I completely agree...in CIV3, i like the Antique, but i barely can enjoy it as you have to rush to the next age
                      "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Working...
                      X