Nation Editor- do's and don'ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nation Editor- do's and don'ts

Please BHG DO NOT repeat what happened in EE and include an option to disable custom civs in Multiplayer. Villie rushes are annoying.
    America for RON!

It has everything to do with Nation Editors in that what he is saying is that someone would make a very strong nation in the nation editor and make it impossible to defeat it. He is asking that the nation editor be used for only single player games I believe.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Sort of but it it should be limited to looks, military unit types, and resource strengths, not crap stuff like "Super Villies"
      America for RON!

Comment

That was a balance issue for EE. It was not an underlying design flaw.

The exponential increase in point cost for multiple citizen bonuses needed to be higher and you'd have never seen a Citizen rush civilization.

As a side note, the few cit-rush custom civs I did see weren't very effective.

Comment

I have heard that EE has entire clans based on villie rushes. RoN's nation editor must be nothing like EE's. An option to disable custom civs in a multiplayer game is a must - no matter how good the nation editor is, it is almost inevitable that some people will find ways to exploit it. It is a lot harder to balance millions of potential custom civs than it is to balance 18 known civs.

Fortunately I was too busy with school to go and blow $50 on EE when it came out, and by now I have heard enough that I would not spend a penny on it. If even a tenth of the stuff that I have heard about EE is true, then RoN must be nothing like EE.

RoN must also be nothing like AoK - where you have 3 expert civs and the rest are n00b civs.

RoN needs to examine the mistakes of other games and not repeat them (especially with balance). Unlike the civ series, RoN's modern ages must have more than one unit worth building. Unlike AoK all the civs should be well-balanced. Unlike EE there should be no huge exploits and no stupid villie rushes.
          The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

Hey simwiz2 do I know u from somewere? Somewere were I have a no.3 at the end?
            America for RON!

Comment

Working...
            X