Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 7 at E3

Gamespot, http://gamespot.com/gamespot/feature...of/p1_04.html,
    said that RoN was the seventh best in show of PC games at the E3 convention. A good sign for the game and the company.

While I see nothing new, highlight include:

Seeing a landscape dotted with distinct cities and carved up with national borders may show the family resemblance with turn-based classics

The key to making everything gel is good AI. By the time a player has hundreds of units to control, the automation options for workers and other units will be very welcome indeed.

while it was fun to play through the epochs of history at an accelerated pace, there's something artificial about covering thousands of years in 15 minute

the degree of automation, as well as having borders serve to prevent rushing, will appeal to some players more than others.

It is good to hear about the automation and the restrictions on rushing. I think this will allow it to have some strategy and planning needed. And I think Gamespot hit my biggest fear - the artificialness of such a fast pace to the game that represents human history. But overall, good to see that the critics are taking note to a new game on its own merits and not based on a previous game in the series (yes, I am making refrence to Civ3).
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

That is also my biggest fear: how artificial will be to play the whole human history in 15 minutes or half an hour? It points to a lack of strategic depth.

But... I'm pretty sure the game will have features that will allow it to be played almost as a TBS.

Seventh best is not bad, considering this is BHG's first title. It is even better if you consider that it was the only strategy game to make it in the top 10, if I recall correctly.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
      Seventh best is not bad, considering this is BHG's first title. It is even better if you consider that it was the only strategy game to make it in the top 10, if I recall correctly.
      Yeah and games like Age of Mythology (Ensemblem Studios AoE3) and WarCraft III were also at E3. Although it appeared that the games they picked were mainly in the future, it is still a good sign when those big RTS games still loom.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
      X