New RoN screenshots at A-vault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RoN screenshots at A-vault

Yes, cool screens. I like how the civs are different from each other.

A bad thing, though: in the middle of a furious war, there is a pop-up telling the player that he has reached the population limit and should build granaries and villages. In the middle of the war? I know this happens in all Civ games too, but I would think that BHG could find a better way to deal with it.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
      A bad thing, though: in the middle of a furious war, there is a pop-up telling the player that he has reached the population limit and should build granaries and villages. In the middle of the war? I know this happens in all Civ games too, but I would think that BHG could find a better way to deal with it.
      But civ is Turn-Based. So a pop message might be annoying but the player will have plenty of time to handle it. In a RTS, it can break a game because you can't afford to be distracted by a pop-up when you are in the middle of a furious real time battle.
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Diplo: that is why I complained about this pop-up. As you said, in the middle of a furious battle it is annoying to be disturbed by such a pop-up. Especially a pop-up so irrelevant to what is happening on the battlefield.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Diplo: that is why I complained about this pop-up. As you said, in the middle of a furious battle it is annoying to be disturbed by such a pop-up. Especially a pop-up so irrelevant to what is happening on the battlefield.
          I know. I was trying to agree with you by saying that in a turn based game, this would not be a big problem, but in a real-time, it is.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

The one thing is that it does not have an ok button, so I can only assume that this piece of information came up nonintrusively and does not force the player to deal with it. Yes, it is in the middle of war and that isn't the best thing. But the game has to let you know that and if the player is not forced to do anything about it than most likely it will not affect the actual battle.

As for other things:

I like the feature where you can see the shadow of units behind trees and buildings so you know what is going on even if your line of sight is obstructed.

Also, from the one screen shot where orange and red are fighting, I found it difficult to determine which unit was on each side inside the melee. That is something that BHG should look at, color combinations.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
            X