Is Brian Reynolds on crack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Brian Reynolds on crack?

Didn't think this really belonged in the Civ 3 forum.

Experience the new generation of games and entertainment with Xbox. Play Xbox games and stream video on all your devices.

This is Brian Reynolds new game that he is working on. We have already seen Sid without Brian, this is Brian without Sid. Why does this look like a copoff of AOE? What is Brian thinking? You would think Brian that would try to distinguish himself now that he is out from under Sid's wing. Is this as far as Brian can stretch his creativity, an AOE clone? It looks like he is trying too hard to beat Sid and be different at the same time.

I am not just looking at the graphics either. The unit organization is pitiful. In one pic I am looking at Howitzers, tanks, and infantry(not modern) all in a very close space. The farms are just like AOE's farms. Yeah, its just a few screenshots, this could end up being the greatest game ever created, but most likely it will suck.
    I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

shouldn't this be in the BHG forum?

and i could swear i've seen this being discussed on the boards already in some other thread

Comment

i could swear i've seen this being discussed on the boards already in some other thread...
        Yeah, a thread in the Civ3 forum that has since been moved to the BHG forum...

Bloody askew posters!

-FMK.

Comment

I guess this is why we still need a BHG forum...
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

(+1)

Comment

I dont think that is the reason for the BHG forum tho
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I wonder if Microsoft commissioned Brian and BHG to make an Empire Earth clone using their AoK software?

It really looks that way.

Comment

Yes! Brian Reynolds is most definitely on crack. Either that, or he's smoking banana peels.

But then...all game designers have at least one vice like that...where do you think their ideas come from!

Now...if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with some glue fumes....

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                    You flirt with glue?

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                      -=Vel=-
                      Hope he doesn't get sticky fingers!

E_T
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                        X