Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexnm
    quote:
    Designed with the casual audience in mind, gamers will be able to move through the game timeline quickly and have a satisfying game experience without playing for hours.
    Yes, that is almost a threat for Civ gamers

But from what we learned playing Brians superb Civ-games in the past we may assume there will be a little more in the package than just a AoE/EE clone.

I am sure Brian knows that his huge Civ/SMAC fan community watches carefully and may follow him into his direction if he can prevail a "more brains than blood" concept. I also never could get a hang for the hectic AoE militäry stuff, but perhaps Brian and his team will finally find a way to bring thoughtful "civilized" gamers into a realtime environment.

As I probably may have the opportunity to become a beta tester for RoN I can assure you that I will try to represent the "civilized" gamers who want someting to think about in contrary to the "casual" gamer who is looking for fast and easy fun. I am sure there will be a good compromise and Brian probably is the best man to look for it.
    Last edited by ColdFever; March 1, 2002, 02:23.
    Kai · Team www.civilized.de

Comment

As I probably may have the opportunity to become a beta tester for RoN
      Cool... let us know all about it!
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
        Cool... let us know all about it!
        Nothing is firm yet, but I have a very encouraging letter from Microsoft and so I hope I get the chance to become one of the few lucky european beta testers.

But I believe there are still some months left until that. In a former Apolyton post from Brian you learn that they planned to finish the game in 2002 in the first place. Now the latest info is spring 2003, so there probably still is very much to do before any beta tests can be arranged.

And as you probably know, beta testers usually have to sign a NDA (non disclosure agreement) so that they are not allowed to give any preliminary and internal info. But it usually is ok to praise the game in a general form and express your feelings if you enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by ColdFever

And as you probably know, beta testers usually have to sign a NDA (non disclosure agreement) so that they are not allowed to give any preliminary and internal info. But it usually is ok to praise the game in a general form and express your feelings if you enjoy it
          LOL... I know about the NDA. What I meant was what you said... express your feelings if you enjoy it. And if you don't, then I'm sure that are subtle ways to communicate that...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

more previews

Thanks to TresXF, who pointed me to them:

IGN: http://pc.ign.com/articles/354/354570p1.html

Gamespy: http://www.gamespy.com/previews/march02/riseofnations/

UGO: http://ugo.com/channels/games/featur...eofnations.asp

hint: the IGN preview contains the most relevant infos IMHO.

Comment

Working...
            X