Big Huge Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does BHG still even exist ?
    I mean, haven't heard anything about them anymore !

guess that I have to check their website
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

BHG are on an extended leave of absence from public activity... maybe they are waiting for civ 3 to be finished so they can try to do it in 3D....
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Brian Renyolds in an interview with Apolyton said basically they are working on a title that they are not going to announce yet that they expect to release in 2002. Basically, BR seems to understand that it is best to keep your next game guarded until it is getting closer to release date. Otherwise you end up canceling a project and feeling backlash or having the game turn out differently than what you had hyped it up to be.

It is something Firaxis should have done with Dinos and paid a price for that. Hopefully BHG and BR will deliver the goods on whatever game they are creating now.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Well I am not happy with all this silence! I'm a fan, for crying out loud! I NEED to know what they are up to... Brian produced so many good games, how can he think that we can go on our lives without him?
          Pleeeeeeeeeeeease BHG, tell us something!! (I'm not going to get anything unless I get a sad 'smilie' with big Bambi eyes...)

Stefu, could you please...?
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
            Well I am not happy with all this silence! I'm a fan, for crying out loud! I NEED to know what they are up to... Brian produced so many good games, how can he think that we can go on our lives without him?
            Pleeeeeeeeeeeease BHG, tell us something!! (I'm not going to get anything unless I get a sad 'smilie' with big Bambi eyes...)

Stefu, could you please...?
            Brians dropped a few hints - he has said it will follow some themes from his career - since it will be RTS and NOT TBS, presumably that means substantive themes - 4X? History? Environmentalist Sci-fi?

And when asked how to integrate real strategic thinking into an RTS, he said that is almost a content question - quite a tease, huh?

LOTM
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Brians dropped a few hints - he has said it will follow some themes from his career - since it will be RTS and NOT TBS, presumably that means substantive themes - 4X? History? Environmentalist Sci-fi?

And when asked how to integrate real strategic thinking into an RTS, he said that is almost a content question - quite a tease, huh?

LOTM
              Too much of a tease, IMO. I think BHG already had enough time to say what they have been doing. They could say (or even show! ) something to us, fans!
              And before you all (BHG) go on vacations, if you please!
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zopper
                No...I did not know that "Big Huge Games" was a company...what is that for stupid name for a company anyway???
                I mean, would you name your car company "Big Huge Cars"?
                Perhaps a more appropriate name might have been Big Huge Ego.
                What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

A quick pop by their site was revealing - they have pictures of about ten employees - 4 of whom have president in their titles.
                  What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Nevertheless, I'm getting a little impatience for news from BHG!

Comment

BHG ar on an extended leave of absence...
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

This is not a real post

Im showing my kid how the smilies work

Please dont count this towards my post count

mandatory on topic content - i would also like more news from Brian.

LOTM
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 15, 2020, 03:44.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

well it sure is turning out to be a great forum to bump!

Comment

This forum is for the future...

and the future never comes.... they have been in agreement with Microsoft for over a year now.,... they might as well leak some news out in all that time

this url doesn't work anymore anyway

Make great games. Have a great place to come to work everyday. Big Huge Games is dedicated to "Finding The Fun" through rapid prototyping and a focus on a great user experience.

man next thing we will read is that Brian is dead...

they should have around 30- 35 staff working... can anyone bother to say what they are doing

Comment

if you search for Bigh Huge Games on Google, 9 th site is Apolyton with this forum

It would be nice from Brian to visit us here (as the only interenet site that has something on BHG) an give an exclusive interview

Comment

Working...
                                X