What game do YOU want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What game do YOU want?

Well, now that BHG is a reality. What type of game do the Apolytoners want?
    Meaning what type of game do you think BHG could/should develop?

Here's Some Ideas:
    TBS Games
    Space Empires - Like the thread in s&d and MoO2 combined. Cool!!!
    Air War: 3000 - Future empire building in the skies of a post apocalyptic earth. (see the s&d forum for the full story)
    Colonization II - Sequel to a great old game.
    RTS Games
    U.S.A. 3500 - Post-apocalypse U.S. fights between the states, now all independent countries.
    Antarctica 2010 - The world powers vie for power over this vast wasteland while trying to develop new techs to speed up their conquest.

Share your ideas...

colonization II!!!!!
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I want a big-scale RTS, like those space empire games, but set on a single planet. I don't know how you'd accomplish it, but there probably is a way...

Comment

Would you believe “BHG’s Privateers?”
        Firaxis sure isn’t going to do a SM Pirates 2! anytime soon.
        To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Keep the faith, jsorense!
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Three words "Master of Magic!" I know that the rights to MoM are probably owned by Micropose still =(. But if you guies are into the "epic civ-like games" as you say, there is nothing out there that even comes CLOSE to the true MoM expericnce! The different races, the different units, resourses, spells, it was so huge and diverse! How you could impove on it, beyond updating the graphics is beyond me, but then thats why you are the game designers and im throwing you this idea! =)
            icarr

Comment

Thanks DanS,
              It actually makes sense given their mission statement. (-:
              To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Well I hope BHG will suprise me with there next game, positively.

Many of these, very good, ideas presented here are sequals. I would like to se something new.

(And I will anytime vote yes for Pirates 2 )

Comment

Some of the old classics are worth updating. M.U.L.E., the Car Wars series, and such. I know these are not epic games by any stretch of the imagination, but they are excellent games.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

M.U.L.E. not an epic game? Bite your tongue and go download it at www.c64.com!
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Colonization II. With the advance graphic of today, they could do a great game. A much bigger map of North and South America w/Caribbean Islands. Have the Spanish always land at Haiti/Dominican Rep., the English land at Jametown or Cape Cod, the French at Quebec, and the Dutch at New York. More Indian Tribes. Have the AI nation survey and settle their terr. closer to History.

------------------

Comment

Why not allow the player to play as a Indian nation for a twist? That was something I always wanted to do in Colonization.

Comment

Thats easy, go to www.stainlesssteelstudios.com and its called "Empire Earth" and it will be the best PC game every made when it is released. What it is is Age Of Empires II and Civilization II meet and is what I have always wanted, also its by the same designer of AoE. Its like take the best TBS game ever(Civ2) and the best RTS game ever(AoK)and put them together and you have the best PC game ever

Now I would like to see BHG do something similar to this and I bet they will.
                          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Brian Reynolds' Pirates 2! Yes please! Return to golden age of buccaneering on the Spanish Main, oh memories. RTS concept would work well too...
                            [This message has been edited by FinnishGuy (edited May 26, 2000).]

Comment

Privateers would be fun, but I still vote 1st for Colnization. The Indian Tribs that could be in a game includes the following: Aztecs, Apache, Arapaho, Blackfoot, Cherokee, Creek, Chippewa, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Crow, Comanche, Cheyenne, Delaware, Miami, Hopi, Inca, Iroguois Nation, Kiowa, Mayan, Mohave, Modoc Nez Perce, Navajo, Ojibwa, Oneida, Onondaga, Pawnee, Pomo, Penobscot, Pequot, Potawatomi, Paiute, Seneca, Shawnee, Seminole, Shoshone, Sioux, Wampanoag, Yuma, Yakima, Ute, Olmec, Tiwanakans, Moche, Plus the other tribes of South America and Caribbean Islands. Some of these tribes are minor, but some where major tribes or federation of tribes in America. Tribes like the Seminole could be hard to beat, as it really happen. Evertime you win a battle, the AI could start a new city for them and you would have to find it. If it was possible to play as one of the major tribes, maybe you could start the game two to five hundred year ahead of the European arrival. New discovery could be slow so that you would not be that strong when the European arrive. Emigration: could be set up as follow. English, out of every ten, six could be non expert, two would be soldiers, one convict, and one expert. Spain could be four soldiers, four non expert, one expert, one convict. French could be one soldier, one convict, one expert, seven non expert. Dutch could be one soldier, four expert, one convict, four non expert. Also add Portugal. The original game left them out and they did settle Brazil. I look at the information on Empire Earth. It look like fun, but it seam to be about Europe, Coloniation would be about America, both North and South. If I did not mention any Indian tribes, that is because I used the books "Across the Centuries" and "A more Perfect Union" to find all of the tribes.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X