X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JASON BESMIT joing BHG

from http://www.bighugegames.com/Team/Bestimt/bestimt.html
    quote:

Jason's professional exposure to the industry began when he worked as a tester for Legend Entertainment on Super Hero League of Hoboken and Death Gate . Hard working and highly talented, Jason Bestimt strikes the perfect balance as Senior Programmer for Big Huge Games.

One of those programmers with an actual Computer Engineering degree, Jason began work for Intel Corporation straight out of Virginia Tech. At Intel, he furthered his already impressive 3D programming skills while evangelizing technology to game companies around the country. He helped write the first 3D engine that maximized the new Pentium III instructions; this resulted in a demo called "Bugs" which is currently housed in the Intel Museum. Jason also worked on optimizations for Madden Football, Caligari TrueSpace, Fluent Speech Technologies, Calculando, Bobo, and SimMars.

Jason is both eager to learn and generous with his knowledge. Always ready to ask the right questions, he co-wrote an article for Gamasutra detailing his work in advanced shadow volumes titled, cleverly enough, "Real-Time Shadow Casting Using Shadow Volumes".

Jason came to Big Huge by way of Firaxis Games, where he worked on both Dinosaurs and Civilization III.

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited July 10, 2000).]

Doesn't sound too good... One or two is bad enough... but this is looking silly now.

I'm just wondering if Firaxis is a 'Sinking Ship'... metaphorically speaking.

Alternatively, BHG could be offering big bucks, or maybe Sid ain't the best boss...

Comment

on the other hand, Firaxis has hired about 10 people during 2000

Comment

Big Huge Exodus.

But will the land be 'flowing with milk and honey'?

Or has Brian 'Moses' Reynolds led them all to the great Real Time Wilderness, where Big Huge White Elephants roam and men constuct Ivory Towers on it's sandy foundations?

Comment

Is it the real Jason Besmit?

Comment

jesus, have mercy on us

Comment

High staff turnover usually means something though, wouldn't you agree?

Comment

It's OK, I was only joking on this occasion.

Comment

This guy wrote a demo called "Bugs"!? I don't care how good of a demo it is, I'm not sure I'd want to include that on my resume if I was a programmer.

Comment

Our God is a vengeful God.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Given the bugs that were left in Alpha Centauri when it was released, this guy will think he is in heaven.

Comment

Jason never worked on Alpha Centauri...

Jeff Morris
                        Firaxis Games

Comment

The question is, would more SMAC bugs have been fixed bugs if Jason had worked on it ?

Where's the 2nd SMAC-X patch, Jeff ? we're still waiting.

Aredhran

Comment

Working...
                          X