the TBS way to fix RTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the TBS way to fix RTS

well, is there a way to "fix" RTS beyond the obvious "make it TBS"?

Well....I think they did it just fine in Imperium Galactica II. In that game you can pause the game any time you like, while still being able to issue commands. That way it sort of feels like TBS, but it is RTS.

Asmodean

------------------
    I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I agree, also make it kinda of slow real time
      or alternately have the movement clock slow down as hostile units approach each other. Details would depend on period or genre.
      You could also kinda segue into a strategic planning turn from time to time.
      Joe Carberry

Comment

RTS is an oxymoron, like "Military Intelligence" or "Government Worker"

Real Time >< Strategy
        Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

I agree with Viking: You need lots of time to develop a good strategy. And yes a pause option would be really handy, like in Baldurs Gate (could you imagine it w/o pause, I cant)

ata

Comment

Any RT game without the pause function is almost unplayable. Any RT game without the pause function and adjustable game speed isunplayable.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Asmodean, you are so right! IG2 is a fine example of an excellent massive RTS game. The interface is superb and it plays so well! This game prooves that you can have alot of depth to a RTS game.
              -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Working...
              X