No announcement yet.

The Next Generation of RTS Games...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Sid has done his work fine for now. I haven't played all those Sid games and to tell you truth, I'm not really a big Brian or Sid fan, I'm just a Apolyton fan.

Maybe Sid can give some good advices about Civ3, but, for what I've heard here, he's a talented programmer and can do good games with his own crew.

novice
    "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
    És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
    Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
    Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Comment

The Next Generation of RTS games is soon upon us.

Examples:

Shogun: Total War- Great-looking Wargame/RTS that takes the best of two genres and adds simply spectacular graphics. It's also got a great-sounding TBS "empire" mode with RTS battles. All based on Sun Tzu, apparently. Set in Japan.

Metal Fatigue- RTS on three levels simultaneuosly, with customisable robots.

WarCraft III- The "Role Playing Strategy" game with Role-Playing and Small Battle RTS features. Ogre Battle in 3d and Real Time, hopefully.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Hugo

For many people, the biggest problem with RTS is that it always ends up in a "click-fest."

Well though-out strategy is quickly removed when you are busy making sure that everyone is doing what they're supposed to.

One could argue that this is more like real life, but one could argue lots of things.

Warcraft III will be very interesting! I saw that AOE2 has options allowing for more intelligent unit formation, and I guess that helps.

The other thing about RTS is that so often you are just building the same stuff all over again. I guess this is the problem with scenarios. For me, building a stable every scenario gets boring.

Comment

I found another one!
          http://www.dailyradar.com/previews/g...eview_369.html

Comment

I'll worry about TBS when they come out with RTS chess.

edit: changed BUMP into real message!
            [This message has been edited by The Mad Monk (edited May 04, 2000).]
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
            X