Nostalgia AAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia AAR

As part of a running series of republished old After Action Reports (AARs) from Computer Gaming World by gaming journalists Tom Chick and Bruce Geryk, gaming site 1UP has posted an AAR of Rise of Nations: Throne & Patriots that was originally published in the August 2004 issue of CGW. In the article Tom and Bruce have a tongue-in-cheek back-and-forth about the course of the game they're playing, in which Tom tries out the then-brand-new Iroquois while Bruce choses the Americans. A snippet of dialogue:

Tom 8:58 I've built Seneca at the end of a valley formed by Big Mountain in the Middle and Smaller Mountain Off to One Side of It. This valley will make a perfect killing zone, so I call it the Valley Where Lots of Bruce's Troops Will Die.

Bruce 10:10 I'm building my third city -- Jefferson City -- right across a narrow mountain pass from one of Tom's cities. One thing I've learned is that it really pisses Tom off when you build close to him and then start throwing soldiers at him. Until he wins, of course. But pissing him off is just about all I have to look forward to in this game.

If you want to read the rest of the entertaining 3-page AAR and find out if Tom did indeed win, head on over to 1UP.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery
Working...
X