Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
    You are to be commended for the efforts,

but indeedy, when warned you have done what is prudent, obey and focus on another issue of passion.
    Thanks for the support, Bruce.

Originally posted by DarkCloud
    Really... Upsetting about Microsoft and the end of the series... At least the lion's share was already shot.

I was personally looking forward to the look and feel of the second and third featurettes, particularly the third. At least the story will be able to persevere even if its originally intended distribution will not.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I know I'm late but here's my 2 cents: Don't trust copyright law! Having dealt with it some in the wedding videos I produced, it's a very tricky subject.

I've been told by various lawyers that "sync rights" are not needed if you make fewer than 10 copies, and I've been told I must clear everything and have signed licenses on-hand.

And as far as MS coming after you, they may not have a choice. Even Disney had to send a C&D to an orphanage in Florida to make them paint over the characters on the walls. Now, you gotta know, Disney doesn't want to go after some orphanage. Especially some insignificant one that only has paintings on the walls to cheer up kids. But they have to defend their copyright.

It's easier and less messy to just stay out of the way. Sorry to hear.

Tom P.

Comment

NO MORE RON!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL THAY CAN'T STOP MY CIV 5 DREAM.
        to go to my forum use this: http://kingdomofwarhammer.forumotion.com/portal.htm

VIKINGS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Warhammer
          NO MORE RON!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Yes, no more AoN in its intended form.

I take it you found this thread from the link to it on the series' website? Having posted it only this afternoon at last, my apologies for -- indeed -- its lateness.

WELL THAY CAN'T STOP MY CIV 5 DREAM.

(Different publisher (and developer, but that's an aside -- publisher decision).)

Originally posted by padillah
          I know I'm late but here's my 2 cents: Don't trust copyright law! Having dealt with it some in the wedding videos I produced, it's a very tricky subject. [..] It's easier and less messy to just stay out of the way. Sorry to hear.
          I would like to take this opportunity, late as it is myself, to thank you for sharing your related experiences on this subject.
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Status Update Thread Available

I have posted a status update on the series since I originally started this thread. Though related, this thread still serves a separate purpose so I ask that conversation points be divided between the two -- taking the purpose and content of each into account when deciding in which thread to post comments in.

Comment

Working...
            X