No announcement yet.

New (maybe) scenario: Red Star Over China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always happy to help if I can. T&P is supposed to be able to do it as well, I got the info on how to do it from a T&P document to begin with. No idea why it's not working, but I'm not complaining if the XML helps you...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The xml seems to load okay but then the CTW map fails to load. It says there are no valid nations on the map. I'm going to look closer at the strings.xml to see what I need to change there.
      Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; February 3, 2008, 00:02.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I've set the "client state" trigger to "1".

Where do I define which states are the clients to which other states?

E.g. I want to have a tribe - Manchukuo (based on the Egyptians) - to be predominant in the northeast of China, but to be a client state of Japan, meaning that Japan can station its troops there and attack from there.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Sorry, only ever modded the original RoN, never T&P, so I can't help you with that. I'm sure there's an element in the XML for it, you'll have to see if you can find a complete listing of all valid XML elements for T&P.

Stings.xml should only have localisation strings in it, I doubt that's the issue. The structure of the XML is probably just different in T&P than it is in RoN, you have to study the T&P XML files to see if you can figure out what's missing/different. Looking at that myself, I see that the default campaigns for T&P all have some TRIBE elements at the bottom of the main XML that refer to separate XML files with nation info, as well as some VALID_NATION elements which seem to set playable nations -- I suspect you may have to add both of those yourself to the RoN XML to get rid of the 'no valid nations' error (I tried just adding VALID_NATION alone but that doens't work, seems you really have to define the TRIBE stuff too, which takes a bit more effort).
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

As mentioned above, I've discovered why the .xmls appeared to be broken - they were being created, just not in the T&P conquest folder. They're still appearing quite normally in the RoN conquest folder.

I'll post more of the .xml when I'm done with it. Right now I'm defining all the country numbers.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Significant battles

Here I'll post battles that I found from Wikipedia and other sources during the relevant time frame.

I think I will base it from about the time of the expulsion of the Last Emperor in 1924. The game will probably at least until 1949 and possibly a few turns afterwards, to allow the CCP a chance to knock out Taiwan, or to allow a victorious KMT to try to recapture Outer Mongolia

1924: Puyi exiled from Beijing by Warlord Feng Yuxiang
              1926-1928: Northern Expeditions KMT vs. CCP
              1930: Central Plains War.
              1931 Sept to 1932 Feb: Japanese invaded Manchuria in Mukden Incident near Shenyang.
              1936: Xi'An Incident. Nationalists forced to make peace with Communists. (If the Soviets haven't forced the Communists to make peace already.)
              1937 July: Marco Polo Bridge incident. War with Japan.
              1937 December: After Japanese take Nanjing from Nationalists, Nationalists can take mission to destroy dams along Yellow River. If they succeed, flooding reduces the territory strengths by 1.

[expect more to be added to this list!]
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

A quick question. I was looking at the Alexander and Napoleon scenarios. I liked the customized generals.

Anybody know if there's a way to mod generals or units so that they give special powers like that? I'm thinking of giving Chairman Mao a power that boosts foot soldiers, Chiang Kai Shek might have a power that boost artillery, etc. Zhou En-Lai might be a Senator-like unit that has a very large amount of bribe and uses his powers much faster than a normal Spy does, etc.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Is there any way of modding a building? This question actually has several parts to it.

1. I want to reassign the Temple so it looks different. Instead of being a religious building, I want to assign it to the statute of Lenin so the Communists gain border push, city hp, and income through building those in their cities. Can this be done?

2. I want to reassign the Temple to the Lenin statue, but only for the Communists. If possible I'd like to have Nationalists building normal Temples and Communists build Lenin statues. Can this be done?
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Right now I'm taking a course in Chinese law and jurisprudence. If nothing else, this will give me a fair bit of flavor terms to use for the various techs in the game.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

any chance i can paly this mod on RSTP?

Comment

What's RSTP? Thrones and Patriots?

The scenario, if ever done, will require the addon.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                          Is there any way of modding a building? This question actually has several parts to it.

1. I want to reassign the Temple so it looks different. Instead of being a religious building, I want to assign it to the statute of Lenin so the Communists gain border push, city hp, and income through building those in their cities. Can this be done?

2. I want to reassign the Temple to the Lenin statue, but only for the Communists. If possible I'd like to have Nationalists building normal Temples and Communists build Lenin statues. Can this be done?
                          Don't know if you're still looking for help on this or not but to answer your questions:

1. Yes, go into buildingrules.xml and search for the Lenin Statue, in the field that says FROM type in Temple, then go to the TRIBEMASK and enable the statue for whatever nations you wish to build it. If you don't know how to do this just ask and I'll explain.

2. Yes, after you decide which nations you want to build the Lenin Statue then search for the regular temple and in the tribe mask disable it for the nations you chose to give the Lenin Statue. Do this and your desired nations will be able to build Lenin Statues with Temple powers and everyone else will build normal temples. Any other questions feel free to ask. Hope this helps.

Otter

Comment

AWESOME!

Thanks Otter, I really appreciate the help. I'll let my evil twin collaborator know, and we'll get on that right away!

Again, you rock!

(I am very excited.)
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                              AWESOME!

Thanks Otter, I really appreciate the help. I'll let my evil twin collaborator know, and we'll get on that right away!

Again, you rock!

(I am very excited.)
                              No problem, let me know if you need any other help. I am pretty good at scripting. You might want to download my Napoleon Mod - play the game and then view the script to see how I made the events in the game happen. It show's pretty much how to do just about anything and I'm sure you could adapt it to your Mod. Let me Know when you finish it I am interested in trying it out. Great to see other's modding good job.

Otter

Comment

Another question. I want to implement actual changes to the interface buttons (like to change the graphics for the government types). Is there any way to make those changes to the scenario/custom/ directory and/or the mod directories?

Or do I have to make backups of the relevant files in the game root itself and replace them each time I'm done playing?
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X