Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP crash on joining

Hi,

When my friend trys to join any multiplayer game on ron it just crashes back to desktop yet it works fine on single player. His pc - though i dont know all the specs - is pretty modern so i would guess, because single player works, its not a problem with his pc. Nor can i see it being the McAfee antivirus stuff as it wouldn't be normal for that to make it crash - not join maybe, but not just crash.

Any ideas?
    I have looked about for the same problem though I havn't seen anything like it.

I have heard that crashes (either desktop crashes or forced game-reload crashes) can occur regularly when one player is using a burned CD.

Ask your friend if he's using a purchased CD or a burned one.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Oh! Another thing I found out is that you need to keep your Rules.xml and Tribes.xml (and possibly a few others) unchanged, otherwise the game doesn't like it and you get an out of sync message.

I changed my rules.xml file and always got an out of sync message. Eventually I had to email my brother and get him to send a copy of the original, unchanged rules.xml back to me. The problem disappeared after that.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
      X