Keypress question: selecting buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keypress question: selecting buildings

Say I have a Barracks technology that I want to research. I hit TAB, and eventually I get to a Barracks with the tech.

However, I look at the Barracks' location, and it's right on my front line, and so I don't want to tell that Barracks to do the research (it's better off just producing units). I have another Barracks further from the front lines to research with.

How do I switch from that Barracks to another one? What keypress do I do to say "show me another building of this type"?

This also could be useful, say if you have more than one Granary, and two Granary advances, you don't have to saddle both techs on one granary, but instead research them concurrently with two... if you could select another Granary to do it with.

Can anybody help?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

If you are using tab to get to the various type of building you want then go to the specific key command for that building and each time you press that key it will highlight the next building of that type.

Example you get to barracks by tabbing and then hit (K) and it will cycle thru the various barracks you have each time you press (K). An even quicker way is to just avoid tab and just go directly to the specific key command for that building and start to cycle thru them.

Here are some of the building key commands.

Airbase I
    Barracks K
    City C
    Dock D
    Library L
    Market N
    Seige O
    Stable S
    University U

Neways....hope this helps

Comment

Okay, the Barracks was a bad example because I should have known I can just hit K to cycle through.

How about things like Towers and Granaries? If I don't want just one Granary to double up on both researches, and I want to select a second one, how do I do that?
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

you can select all granary by pressing shift+hotkey for granary.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

If I have a Tower selected (for which there is no hotkey) how can I toggle to the next available Tower? Is there a hotkey for that?
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
          X