Rise of Nations 2 Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of Nations 2 Article

In the June 2005 issue of Computer Gaming World, in an article about games to watch for in the coming year, there is a 1/2 page article on the sequel to Rise of Nations.

Although it doesn't tell much about it, it does mention a couple of major points about the game:

- The game is to be set in a fantasy, Warcraft-style environment, complete with magic and the like. It is set in a world where there is an ongoing conflict between magic users and technological powers.

- The game will have a powerful new graphics engine.

- Some features, such as national borders and technology progresssion, has been changed, but any exact detalis haven't been mentioned yet.

- BHG is saying that the game is in it's "final year of development", but any actual ship date is still unknown.

There are a couple of small screenshots that accompany the article, but I can't really tell if it's actually from the game or just concept art of some sort...

(This same issue of CGW also has an article on Civ IV.)

Is this some late april fools joke?
    I've heard they weren't going to make a sequel for at least some years
    And the fantasy thing is defently not RoN material
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

For those who don't frequent the "Other Games" forum, here is a link to a thread which discusses RoN 2 (AKA Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends):

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

fantasy? crap... i prefer history... but if they mix the two it my not be so bad.. take Empires: Dawn of the Modern World for instance.. great game
        I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Visit the stories forum My stories.... The Rise of Germany and Fall of the Dutch and Germany Falling

Comment

My feeling is that BHG will do a very good job w/ RoL. So, in spite of the fantasy (magic) angle, I'll likely give it a twirl.
          "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
          I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
          --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

i like fantasy games, i just don't like RPS games.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
              i like fantasy games, i just don't like RPS games.
              Fantasy ?? not for me thanks-- RON with better ability to manage strategically than tactically would be of interest to me. I never liked the frenzied scrolling around from battle to battle.
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I hate fantasy type games. I dont think I will even try this game. I will stick to good old rise of nations.
                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I"m all for it. But then again, I like fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                  X