RoN Gold and the Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoN Gold and the Patch

I just bought the Gold Edition yesterday and was wondering if it needs the patch. It's version 03.02.03.2905. The patch site says it installs version 03.02.07.0701. Logic tells me I need the patch since its the higher number, but does anyone know for sure?

And what ever happened to the good old days of going from 1.0 to 1.1?
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Well, I can't tell you for sure. But maybe this will help, there is some sort of update for the Gold Edition because I bought it today and did the update from the update option on the main menu inside the game. Something updated, because it went through a little computer ritual. And that number you listed looks about right, though I am not positive, so I don't know if that was the same as your patch or not.

Comment

Re: RoN Gold and the Patch

Originally posted by Falconius
      I just bought the Gold Edition yesterday and was wondering if it needs the patch. It's version 03.02.03.2905. The patch site says it installs version 03.02.07.0701. Logic tells me I need the patch since its the higher number, but does anyone know for sure?

And what ever happened to the good old days of going from 1.0 to 1.1?
      I "Think" it is because of maybe a version say "3" then a patch like 3.1 or 3.2 versus the older more acceptable way of 1.0 or 1.2 or 1.3 or such

If ya think of it with all these higher numbers and it being a gold edition (assuming that gold means a final way of getting monies out of a product before it becomes ancient) that it is sad the product still needs patching

Ok..just adding my $0.02 worth

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hey,
        I bought RON yesterday too.
        I have a related question - did you notice that after it installed, the load page of the game says: Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots. INstead of RON Gold.

Is mine just screwed or is that normal?

ed

Comment

Originally posted by EdmundSpenser
          Hey,
          I bought RON yesterday too.
          I have a related question - did you notice that after it installed, the load page of the game says: Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots. INstead of RON Gold.

Is mine just screwed or is that normal?

ed
          maybe the term RON GOLD refers to the marekting aspect as in both games versus an actual "GOLD GAME VERSION"?

Just a thought is all

Gramps
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X