Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoN: Gold Edition announced

Rise of Nations: Gold Edition announced

Special edition of GameSpot's Best Strategy Game of 2003 will package the original with its Thrones and Patriots expansion.

Microsoft has announced a special edition of its acclaimed PC strategy game Rise of Nations. The "Gold Edition" will include the original game as well as the Thrones & Patriots expansion pack, which was released in April. The game will sell for $29.99 and has a fall 2004 release date.

Rise of Nations combines the technology trees and city building from games like Civilization and the real-time strategy action of games such as Age of Empires. The game covers the entirety of human history from the ancient age to the present as players build cities and wage war with armies to control strategic resources and defeat their enemies. The original game won GameSpot's Best Strategy Game award last year, and the expansion added new civilizations, units, a government system, and new single-player campaigns.

Special edition of GameSpot's Best Strategy Game of 2003 will package the original with its Thrones and Patriots expansion.

If I didn't already have the game and expansion, I'd be all over this. $30 for both is a fine deal.

Indeed it is
    I payed € 29.90 for the expansion pack alone
    Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

hehe, i'm glad i waited to buy the game... actually, i didn't have other option, because my comp was too slow to handle the game.

earlier this month i upgraded it and now i'm glad to know about this...
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

A Macintosh version of RoN Gold has been announced and is due before the holiday season.
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

20 more days until RoN:Gold in stores. I've been holding off on getting this game since before Gold was annouced since it was obvious they'd eventually bundled it with its expansion.

Wish I'd done that with C3C...
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Hmm, I may actually have to buy it now.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Those who haven't bought it yet may want to wait until there is some confirmation about whether BHG has fixed the problems with gathering exception errors that crash the game.

Comment

I just wanted others to know that I have installed the recent Thrones and Patriots patch, and that doing this eliminated the "gathering exception error" I was getting previously when resuming a game from a save. (See my last post).

Although this fix was not specifically documented, it looks to me like the problem was corrected, so I'll switch over to recommend buying the new gold edition.

Comment

Hey, I bought the Gold Version just a few hours ago. $30 *is* a great deal. Now I just have to choose how to spend my time between this and Rome: Total War.
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                  X