Can I diable Spys somehow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I diable Spys somehow?

My roommates and I play against the computer coop. The computer uses spys way to well while we never have time for that sort of thing.

Is there any way to turn off spys by editing something or a mod or something...?

Thanks
    Ghengis Thom
    Last edited by Ghengis Thom; July 11, 2004, 05:58.

Yes. Depending on whether you're playing the original RoN or the Thrones & Patriots expansion, open one of the following .xml files with either WordPad or Notepad:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\Thrones and Patriots\data\unitrules.xml
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\data\unitrules.xml

Find the Spy entries:
    < UNIT >
    < NAME >Spy< /NAME >

Edit the TRIBE_MASK element to read all zeroes (you might want to save a backup copy of the original file):
    For original RoN 18 zeroes - < TRIBE_MASK >111111111111111111< /TRIBE_MASK > -> < TRIBE_MASK >000000000000000000< /TRIBE_MASK >
    For T&P 24 zeroes - < TRIBE_MASK >111111111111111111111111< /TRIBE_MASK > -> < TRIBE_MASK >000000000000000000000000< /TRIBE_MASK >

This turns off the Spy for all nations in the game, whether controlled by a human or an AI.
    Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

Thank you! Just what we needed.

Spys wouldnt be so bad if we could put our own on some sort of Auto power use. But in the frantic pace of RoN its very hard to use special abilites.

Ghengis Thom

Comment

I've disabled the spies also... the AI uses spies way too often, and I can't be bothered to set the game to pause every time I want to use a spy...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

just u to know that they can be killed and spotted by obs posts and scouts...
          on gamespy: AU_|NuuK|_ / Way2GoooD / ApocalypsE
          Anarchy Unlimited

Comment

Learn to use scouts? It's really not all that hard and at higher levels they have other neat uses.
            Last edited by Eyecare; September 11, 2004, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
            X