Gathering exception data error in T&P, any assistance appreciated in a test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering exception data error in T&P, any assistance appreciated in a test

After playing some of CtW using the T&P expansion, I started getting this error during individual battles. I have read most of what I can find about this around the internet and on the official site, but none of various explanations or various fixes that have been suggested seem to work for me.

Whenever I load and attempt to play from a save, while trying out proposed solutions, I get that error almost immediately and the game is interrupted. I tried loading from this same save on my other computer (having different video and sound cards) and got an identical result, a gathering exception data error message.

I was hoping that some others with different hardware configurations and/or other versions of Windows (I am using Windows ME) could downoload this save and attempt to continue playing from it after starting Conquer the World using Thrones & Patriots. In this way, we could test to see if this error is repeatable when using different systems.

I suspect that there is a problem with the way the game is coded and not in the way machines are configured, and have attached this save from that battle while playing Conquer the World so it can be used for tests. If all games resumed from this save produce this error, I think BHG will need to look at their code and try and find the cause.

Here is a zip of the save that always gives me this error
    Attached Files

Comment

Yup game crashed on my pc too. In fact it was a really bad crash.
      The screen froze, alt-tab didn't respond, using the "show desktop" keyboard combo didn't work, double ctrl-alt-del didn't work either. Still, when I pressed Enter after all this the game seems to close, and I'm back to the desktop, seeming that these keys did in fact work, it was just the game screen that was covering the desktop work area.
      A serious bug indeed.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, Zealot.

From what I have read in other RoN forums, this problem is quite common with Thrones and Patriots, but I have yet to see any word from BHG about what is being done about it.

I have also transmitted several dumps of this error to Microsoft, but no word from them either.

Too bad, since this error spoiled a long game I had been playing. It's frustrating and I doubt I will play RoN again until this is fixed, if it ever is.

Comment

I have installed the Thrones and Patriots patch. After doing so, I was able to load and resume my game from the attached save without getting the gathering exception error.

Comment

Working...
          X