Should I buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy it?

I'm a big fan of Civ3, but I'm also considering adding rise of nations to my games collection.

So here's my question: How do the two games compare? (ie gameplay, fun, addictiveness, quality, etc.) Could a nOOb like me get into it easily?

-Thanks

Good question.

Is the game as good as they say?

Comment

I'm a fan of Rise of Nations and its expansion Thrones & Patriots but, even though BHG has cleverly incorporated some elements of turn-based strategy into the game, you've got to be comfortable with RTS to appreciate it. RoN has a slew of variable settings, though, and you can massage the game experience in different ways.

RoN has one of the best series of tutorial scenarios I've come across; few wouldn't be able to get a basic grasp of the game through them.
      Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

Check out this review of it:

Review

Comment

RoN (&TaP) rocks
          for a beginner there are many n00b games and u get to it easily
          My first impressions of RoN weren´t so good but as i played it more and more, it became more interesting.
          It is a game that never gets boring as there is much to learn all the time.
          As RTS it has very much variable elements ( like scouting[which is very important], Raiding and building economy)
          As turn based game, i used to like it, but as i became better, it became toooooooo easy ,and so boring

RoN is the best game i ever bought, so if u only buy a game per year i´d suggest buying it.
          As single player i´d rate the game as 8/10 but multiplayer deserves 10/10
          SO if u have a good and reliable connection, buy it
          only minus is that gamespy is quite not reliable and games go out of sync etc

It is a must-buy (it might not feel like in the beginning, but wait until u get to multiplayer)
          on gamespy: AU_|NuuK|_ / Way2GoooD / ApocalypsE
          Anarchy Unlimited

Comment

dont know how easy it would be able to get a mp in vanilla ron but its pretty easy to get a noob game in T&P, nuuk should know
            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

you mostly find n00b games in vanilla ron anymore
              I tried to see how big rating u get as, i can beat every1 there, and i now have 2353 with 17 games -.-
              The good players have all moved to TaP now

95% of the games are noob games so it is hard to find good games (with me).......
              Last edited by _Ã¥PoCaLyPsE_; June 3, 2004, 13:41.
              on gamespy: AU_|NuuK|_ / Way2GoooD / ApocalypsE
              Anarchy Unlimited

Comment

caXerxes there are also a semi turn based mode in conquer the world which is pretty fun, the game also have a very good tutorial to help u get the swing of things.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                X