Generals, Specforces and Spies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generals, Specforces and Spies

Can someone walk me through a step by step use of the Generals, Spefcorces and Spies including which buttons to click and how I will know if it's working or not.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Generals use Zones of Control. When you select 'em there should be a circle radiating from the unit. The unit itself should have a couple of options.

For example, if you put a General around a group of musketeers and then select the general. Click on the button that looks like a barrel sticking out of some rocks. This will make all the units within the Generals ZOC entrenched. Their defense will be higher so long as you don't move them.

If you clikc on the rubber duck icon, it will create "shadow units" which will confuse your opponent into thinking that there are more units than there really are.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

You can tell if entrenched is working because it'll look like your units that are effected will have sandbag looking things around them.

The Decoy will work because you'll actually see a whole bunch of additional units. I can't remember but I think they might be a different color than regular units (I don't really use Decoy)
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Entrenchment does not protect against attacks from the flank or rear.

Comment

The decoys look quite considerably transparent to you. To the enemy they look like the real thing.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I use Entrench. Thats pretty much all I use generals for.

Spies... hehe... I use them to do giant damage to enemy town centers. Ever notice it takes forever to take the center's HP down to 0?

2 dynamite bombs = fast and painless. Well, painless for you, painful for the enemy.
            Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

i think your getting spies and commandos mixed up
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

D'oh! It has been a while since I played RoN, and I've been playing Civ3 and other strategy games since, which uses spies to sabtoage.

Commandos, yeah now I remember. My bad! Sorry.
                Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Working...
                X