Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying things to be fixed about going over the commerce limit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying things to be fixed about going over the commerce limit!

some annoying things about the commerce limit that could easiliy be fixed.

When workers are set to automatically collect resources (lumbermill, mine etc), they should know not to do so if the commerce limit has already been exceeded. This is annoying having to mannually remove workers.

Another annoying (though slightly less so) is the continual flashing when the commerce limit is exceeded. Could it be changed to only do this initially when the limit is exceeded (to alert you) but then just change the number to a different colour. Flashing numbers are a blinking nuisance! Also, it would be a good idea to get an indication just how much over the limit you are (sometimes it occurs after doing something besides assigning workers) and so then you can work out exactly how many workers to unassign. Or even better, have an option for workers to automaticaly unassign themselves if the limit is exceeded.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

u can put your citizens on idle so when they are created they just stand around till u give them a job
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want that. I just want them to be bright enough to know when ther'es no point in gathering resources. That should be easy to fix.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

then dont make the extra citizens and u want have the problem
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I want extra citizens on standby to do other things like build new buildings.

Comment

Actually the citizens are smart enough to avoid collecting resources when the limit is max when they are idling.

But if you upgrade the collection tech, the rate of collection for a worker for the current set of workers will naturally exceed the limit. As you complained, they will not automatically stop collecting.

The solution is simple, click the idle citizens three times to select all citizens. Then press the stop button. All citizens will then stop and performance the resource limit check. The AI will then automatically reassign workers to each resource with the minimum workers. Excess worker will remain as idle.

Do this after every resource upgrade will keep you in good shape.

Comment

Working...
            X