Replay is all wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replay is all wrong

I just played a battle for 11hrs 30 min. (i just wanted to see if i could win by attrition)

Anyway, i watched the replay from last save (around 10 hrs) to end.

Nothing jived with what actually happened.

The most glaring example of a wrong replay was when i moved my ground units to finish off the bankrupt and destitute cities.

Instead, the replay showed my units moving into fully developed cities and getting swarmed by enemy units (there really were no units or people or buildings by this point)

So what happened? why was the replay so wrong?

that seems odd all my replays are right. But 11hrs straight that is a little excessive isnt it
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

yes..a little on the excessive side but still tons o fun.

th AI did have its moments. Not quite sure why, but the AI did choose to wreck all my wonders at one point. It had me jumping from city to city..trying to provide stealth fighter support. In the end, it got them all. But apart from these flashes of brilliance...the AI primarily allowed its units to be destroyed convoying back and forth across the water (its fleet being built in land locked sea).

(medium difficulty setting)

but back to the replay...i wonder how replays are done when the outcome can end up quite different from the orginal game.

Comment

Perhaps something got out of whack, and the game isn't replaying correctly. Just don't know.

Comment

well the replay facility isnt a record of what happened as it is just a record of what everyone did. So its really just replaying the moves everyone did during the game and letting the game engine run the results essentually on the fly.

I suppose if something goes wrong and one of the moves was missed in the recording, then everything else after would be out of wack (and kinda have the "butterfly effect"

i suppose in an 11 hour game a missed move or corrupted recording just becomes more likely.
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Did you use nukes? For my games, whenever I use a nukes, sometimes the replay will get all whacko on me. I don't know why, but it does....
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
            X