Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mod suport (1.03) - where to put mod files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mod suport (1.03) - where to put mod files?

With the new mod support now available in 1.03, I haven't been able to figure out where to put the mod files so the game will recognise them with the mod option, nor have I been able to find documentation on this.

I tried creating a folder within the data directory but it didn't recognise it.

So can someone tell me how it's done please?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

I have no idea why BHG has not explained this. It certainly took me some trial and error to figure it out. Actually, I wrote a mini-tutorial about it, which you can find on my humble page.

Comment

Hmm.. Turned out that BHG has commented on this, some 2 months ago during beta. Well, that certainly was a decent amount of my time that went down the drain *sighs* Anyway, you might be interested in the link to BHG's official tutorial + sample mod: http://www.bighugegames.com/riseofna...er_mod_doc.zip

Comment

Thanks Calondor. I found that documentation later after posting this. Not that obvious since it has the word "multiplayer" in it when mods are for single player as well.

I would say this info should be in the FAQ.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Just downloaded your stuff Calandor. I'll check it out soon. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
            Thanks Calondor. I found that documentation later after posting this. Not that obvious since it has the word "multiplayer" in it when mods are for single player as well.

I would say this info should be in the FAQ.
            I most certainly agree.

Comment

Well, I've found one bug. The whoe system hangs while trying to generate the biggest map and I have to reboot. Works on a smaller map though.

Comment

That's odd - works fine over here. Well, it generates the map just fine, that is - haven't played that long on such maps in patch 3 (I have under patch 2, however).

Comment

Working...
                X