installation freezing on initialising set-up engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation freezing on initialising set-up engine

yesterday I downloaded the trial version of RoN and the initial installation started up fine but I cancelled it half way through to change the destination location. It appeared to reverse the installation but whenever I try to install it subsequently it freezes on the "initialising set-up engine." I've left it for about 15 minutes but it does nothing!

I've checked my hard drive for a RoN directory but there is none. I'm assuming there are a file(s) that the installation program is detecting which is preventing the complete installation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Keith

Hmmmmm.... Possibly try cleaning your temporary files? (start-programs-accessories-system tools-disk cleanup)
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Comment

thanks for the suggesting Matt but no joy! It's still just sitting there doing nothing! Obviously it's a deeper problem. This would be sorted if Microsoft provided a support service like other developers!

Keith

Comment

Could it be a corrupted exe/installer?
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

I downloaded the 1 from the Microsoft web site so and 1 from another source so doubt they're both corrupted.

Keith

Comment

Wierd. I assume you've got the specs to run it.
            I really don't know what to say. Have you called Microsoft?
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

didn't know it was possible to contact Microsoft! Have you got a relevant E-mail support E-mail address?

Comment

Working...
              X