nVidia updated driver... now farms and things flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia updated driver... now farms and things flicker

I have a GeForce TI 4200, and I recently update my nVidia drivers only to find that now certain things flicker in Rise of Nations. It's more of a nuisance than a serious problem. Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

BHG: Is there a solution or has this problem been addressed elsewhere?

thank you
    To us, it is the BEAST.

We have notified nvidia about this issue with their new 50 series of drivers and they are looking into it.

Thanks for letting us know!
    www.bighugegames.com

Comment

The very same happened to me. WinXP+GeForce Ti 4200+Drivers ForceWare v52.16

Does someone know if there are around some experimental drivers that solve the problem (without waiting the next ForceWare official release?)

Comment

I have by accident turned on the frame counter and observed that if the fps falls below 30 a flickering effect is seen. I have Nvidia GF440.
        Maybe this will help
        Regards
        STZ
        Lady Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your drink"
        Churchill : "If I were your husband I would gladly drink it"
        Unclear words can wipe out all human life on earth if used improperly

Comment

Even with a framerate of 42 I see the flicker on my GeForce 2 Ultra + 52.16 drivers...

--jrp

Comment

Same thing happening with my rise of nations... is there anyway to temporarily solve the problem so i can play my beloved Rise Of Nations again ya this sucks quite a bit....

Comment

Problem is, it appears the only way to correct this is to revert to a pre 5x.xx driver, like 45.33: http://www.nvidia.com/object/pc_winxp-2k_45.33.html

Comment

the fix is forthcoming:

http://ron.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,3507,,10#6

i wish they would hurry!

Comment

Thank you for the info, Tomich.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problem... hope that fix is done soon.

Comment

Please can someone tell us if the problem is still there with Nvidia Forceware 53.03?

Thanks.

Comment

It seems the problem has been fixed with the latest NVidia Forceware. That worked for me, at least.

Here is what I did:

1. Uninstall RON
                        2. Install updated Forceware (released 1st April)
                        3. Install RON-Thrones demo (!?)
                        4. Uninstall RON-Thrones
                        5. Installed RON: it works.

It seems they rewrote all the campaign map code in RON-Thrones, since it's much more "stable" (scrolling of titles is improved, for instance).

Comment

Working...
                        X