Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balance MOD to enhance counter gameplay! Need opinions from all!! Many examples!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance MOD to enhance counter gameplay! Need opinions from all!! Many examples!

MODS please leave message here not many visit mod forum and this is a question to all players!

Anyone else think the game should be balanced better? For instance. Light Infantry vs Tanks have a 100% hit shot. Why not reduce this to 50% so light infantry have a hard time killing tanks?
    I feel counter units dont have enough of an advantage and therefor all units pretty much do the same thing. Lets say we balanced the game out.

Making tanks kill infantry with ease and rocket guys blowing tanks up with ease. Making MGs slaughter infantry yet less effective at killing rocket guys(there not mobile as MGs so easy rocket target.

What im saying is give all units more of an advantage and disadvantage I feel its not balanced well.

Pretty much every unit in the game hits 100% damage on all units. Like I could make it so ALL units but hard hitter hir buildings and towers for 50% of normal damage yet tanks hit them for 100% and seige hits them for 125%.

See what I mean?

What ya guys think I want your opinions before I start a huge(this would take alot of time editing) balance mod to make the game more realistic!

Give your opinions!

As an example I just played a game. 1 t-80 tank has 265hp and 1 group of infantry has 180hp. Yet the tank does only 22dmg and infantry 26dmg.
    4 groups of infantry slaughtered my tank??? Tanks counter them though! Not so ingame though.

I feel as though just pumping out pure infantry could win a game. They cost less then tanks. Why not make it so 10 infantry groups would not take 1 tank? opinions?

As so increase tanks damage to light infantry to 200% and reduce light infantry to 50%. This way they do half damage to tanks and takes do extra damage. Now tanks counter.

Also other things could be added to make change worth it. Cost of tank could be increased. This is a HUGE undertaken changing all this for balance. Id like to hear your opinions on things that should change for balance so I can make a HUGE balance mod based on players.

Give me your opinions on balance. Should tanks slaughter light infantry and rockets slaughter tanks? While light infatry slaughter rocket guys? Now that increases the stratigic level.

Tell me what you think should be countered and buffed up!

Should tanks prices be adjusted for there new power?

Give me the info and ill start on a huge mod project to create balance in counter units!

Hmm... Thats interesting.

I would go for 25% damage instead of 50% aganist the unit that is supposed to counter your unit.

Then the counter unit does 300% damage to the unit being countered.

Infantry does 25% damage to tanks. Then the tank does 300% to infantry. This would be like in real life. 10 gun infantry won't be able to kill a tank, but 1 rocket infantry can seriously wreck the tank.

The tank can kill gun and light infantry with ease, since these infantry weapons can't do major damage to the tank, unless they're all Arnold Scwanaggers, Slyvester Stallones, or Harrison Fords.
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Indeed Ive already started working on it but my god there is ALOT of values to change lol. Every unit has each other unit in game as a versus. So I have to change all values by hand lol.

Thank god I have XMLspy lol

Comment

That's a great idea. I completely agree with you. Have you by any chance finished the balance mod?

Comment

i think the game is balanced just fine. If u make tanks harder to kill than its just going to be a rush to Industal age.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
          X