RON Challenge Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON Challenge Game

The experts say you should do SCI2 -> COM2 -> CIV2 before CLASSICAL. That's what I've seen, and that's I usually do when booming, but now I'm not quite so sure.

I've run a few tests, and I get better econ and development by going CLASSICAL before any of the level 2 techs. Basic premise is that you're getting the other resources up and running earlier while making research on the commerce tech cheaper. It's only about 8% more (as measured in total resources) but it grows because you'll be almost a full minute ahead of the standard boom. 8% extra resources at 11:00 = about 500 extra resources. You're behind on food and wood slightly, but much further along in knowledge and metal. It also enables you to insert an easy MIL1 into your strategy at any point in time. This is partialy dependent on finding good spots (obviously) and more work needs to be done, but I think this works better. Of course, rares and ruins can change all that; we'll see what develops.

My proposal: a Challenge Game to see who can reach the Enlightenment Age first. If someone wants to propose a different victory condition, that's fine too. See which build pattern can achieve the earliest time! Details are posted at my Rise of Nation Strategy Blog.

May the best strategy win.
    Out4Blood's Rise of Nation Strategy Blog

12:17 time

12:17 time using the early classical

Comment

Uh here's the game
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X