Working on a epic mod for RoN and need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on a epic mod for RoN and need input

I'm currently working on something to make RoN's gameplay a bit more epic and I'd like your input.
    I really want the game to be long lasting, forcing me to spend ages in an age, maybe with several wars, instead of a few minutes.

Right now I feel everything is to large and maps are to small.
    To solve this I increased big huge map size to 140, shrunk the trees a bit, shrunk all units with 50% and re-scaled all buildings to 66%. Cities and wonders have stayed the same size
    Units now look as if they could actually live/work in those buildings and wonders are suitably awe inspiring. I think I'm done with this bit but if you have any ideas let me know.

Ages are to easy to achieve, it doesn't feel like you reached a milestone. Age upgrades are also far to cheap and take to little time to research.
    To solve this I have so far increased cost and built time for all library research with 400%. I'm thinking of setting more prerequisites for the library researches forcing players to research all avaible upgrades (crop rotation, etc) for an age before being allowed to research the next age. Perhaps setting a certain numbers of cities under your rule as a prerequisite to age upgrading
    Again fresh/better ideas are most welcome.

Country borders and city limits could easily be 15%-20% smaller making for a bigger challenge.
    Unfortunatly I have yet to find out how this works. Can anyone please tell me?

You should be allowed to build more cities, I believe you are only allowed to build 8. maybe the increments per civ research should be larger.
    I'm working on that.

There is code in RoN for walls, even for gates over the roads.
    I am not yet sure if I should include them as there are no graphics for walls and atrition kinda makes walls obsolete.
    What should be possibel is to use that wall code to introduce housing. Housing will make the cities look more sprawling, to get that city feel.
    Unfortunatly it seems that it is impossible for a builing to be smaller then 2x2 tiles and i'd really like a house to be only one tile.

I'd like to ask you guys 'n gals to think up more ideas for things that can be changed to make this thing more epic, more like civ even.
    http://www.xolo.nl/pics/spcinv.gif
    Xolo's Junkyard
    - Support your local space invader -
Working...
X