No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone! (and a quick question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone! (and a quick question)

Hi There!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I'm called Xolo.
    I have been a modder for quite some time now, doing mostly character models, textures and the occasional map for stuff like the Unreal series.

I just bought me RoN and after playing for a while I figured I wanted to change some stuff so I downloaded the editor docs.
    Scripting, it's all in the scripting.
    this is quite a problem for me as I have very little experience with code (even the manual is hard to understand for me).
    For UT I could always use template scripts and just change some relevant values, not so with Ron it seems.

There is a couple of things I need some help with (a lot actually).
    I really hope you folks can help me.

1- I wish to change the population cap.
    I have found an .xml that contains some basic gamerules. I found an entry referring to the Quick Battle setup screen, it allowed me to change the displayed pop cap values and the values behind that.
    Apparently I just changed what the dropdownbox says, not the actual pop cap.
    How do I do this?

2- I would like to block technology researches and upgrades. I want to apply this to some of the nations/players in a map, but not all.
    It is obviously possible but I can't for the life of me discover how.
    I wish to make a map where some nations are incapable of making Nukes, Missile Shield and Artifficial Intelligense. they will face nations that are capable of this (to simulate the modern battleground,Irag, Afghanistan, etc do not have the technology to block missiles, the west -probably- does).

3- know where I can get some good scripting tutorials?

Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this

[edit] very odd, can't seem to get the img tags working in my signature, I'll just try it here.

Strange, works in the body but not in the sig, to bad.[/edit]
    [edit2]I think I found a way of blocking techs and units, I can use the "tribe mask".
    Anyone know the different masks per nation?[/edit]
    [edit3]never mind that last question, just found a .xml with unique units and corresponding tribes masks, should help.[/edit3]
    Last edited by Xolo; September 2, 2003, 13:41.
    http://www.xolo.nl/pics/spcinv.gif
    Xolo's Junkyard
    - Support your local space invader -

Hey there,

Not a lot of response, theis is not a dying forum I hope?

anyway,
    I figured out how to change the pop cap, pretty easy.
    I blocked the techs I wanted to block easy but a lot of work.

I build a reference table for the tribes masks.
    Anyone want it?
    http://www.xolo.nl/pics/spcinv.gif
    Xolo's Junkyard
    - Support your local space invader -

Comment

Working...
    X