Submarines too vulnarable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submarines too vulnarable

I recently played a team game, and one of the opposing players was way behind in tech (gunpowder age) while I was in VI (Industrial?). He had some ships that were being a nuisance, so I sent a sub up there to deal with them. (You know, one sub against 8 or so wooden ships who shoot arrows...) Well, I went about my business, and a while later noticed that the ships were still there, the sub hadn't managed to sink even one. So I brought another sub and wathced to make sure a more advanced ally didn't have a cruiser or two nearby. Nope, he didn't. Those little corvettes shot their little arrows at my SUBMERGED vessel, and sunk it. They did the same amount of damage they would have done to a wooden fire ship, except that mine was metal.

Anyway, the question is, does anyone know how to modify this? perhaps give it stealth? It may be for play balance, but there should be a bigger benefit for getting to the next age first. A galley shouldn't be able to take out a cruiser, a bark a sub, and so on. There should at least be a penalty.

Aye, Stealth while not moving would actually be very accurate. It'd simulate how difficult it would be to detect a Submarine that isn't running, because it makes less noise.
    "There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others." ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
    X