Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no option to build BRIDGES?

Hello all,

After playing this game the past couple of days I am disappointed in the lack of a feature I have long wanted in these type of games since AOE:

the ability to construct bridges across rivers...

why ? why is this not an option? It would add some great tactical elements to the game. Imagine trying to build a bridge across a crucial crossing/river while defending the engineers etc.

They could also make it so the heavier machinery can only cross "shallows" with upgraded types of bridges.

And to top it all off I'd love to see little flags on the bridges from your nation hehe.

Also I do sort of miss walls of some kind... heck even civilization series had city walls. And of course Age of Kings... so there are things lacking in this game.

And there are no houses whatsoever. Where do the civilians live? I know this is not age of kings etc but as a "builder" type player I wish there were more realistic eye candy for the towns.

It's too bad I had real high hopes this would be a better game.

Neotek

p.s. if any of the Big Huge Games team happens to read this can you tell me if you have any plans to implement a bridge option or if it's even possible to add it in a patch or expansion? How about at the very least as something we can plop in scenarios?
    thanks

Bridges could of course fit into the game, and having only infantry or merchant/caravans and civilians being able to ford, and MAYBE cavalry... I would like to see city walls (Expensive, gives defensive bonuses) that could upgrade into a low wall of sandbags as the game progresses. I just wouldn't want the wall to be a static circle around a city, i would want you to build them in large sections and static shapes... No walls outside of a city radius:

Wonder Idea outside of this:

Great Wall Of China
    makes the construction of walls 50% cheaper
    makes the construction of walls anywhere in your territory possible.

Awesome defensive bonuses.
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

There are no bridges because there are no (real) roads. The combat and movement disadvantages that there are when you cross a river would also be applicable if you were crossing a bridge (slow due to everyone being on the bridge, vulnerable). Therefore, WHY have bridges?

Comment

City walls would not be convenient as the city limit moves when you make civic research, build temples and upgrade them. Then you would have to move the wall along. Furthermore, it's sometimes hard to fit all buildings into a city as it is now, especially among forests and mountains. I think it would be even harder with city walls.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

You wouldn't have to build city walls, only on cities you feel you need them on. And perhaps the city walls would have a slightly extended range beyond the city limits.
          "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

City walls don't necessarily have to surround the entire town... city walls rarely did surround the whole town... the peasants in the farmlands usually went without such protection.

IMHO, it is better to have the walls surrounding the more important structures than to not have it at all.
            Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Working...
            X